animal.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, so in Biology, i do better than all my other lessons, but i just get the definitions mixed up - for instance Osmosis, Diffusion and active transport. Same as the definitions of Cells, Organelles, Tissues and so on.

Is there a way to remember these properly? like would an hour be enough for each of my sciences (chemistry and biology) ? because i've tried and tried with trying to remember the right definitions with the right terms. Been tearing my hair out because i feel so dumb and stupid about all this. I think i'm getting crazy over all this
heavyhandscott
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Osmosis - associate it with the hair care company 'Osmo' since you wash your hair with water - movement of water from high concentration to low across a semi permeable membrane

Active transport - its active so needs lots of energy. from ATP, to move around - movement of water from low conc to high conc

diffusion - if you were to diffuse someones angry, they go from high anger levels to low
- movement of particles from high conc to low
cell - smallest sub unit of a living organism capable of surviving on its own

tissue - a group of the same cells

organelle - a small functioning part of a cell adapted to do a certain function
animal.
Rep:
?
(Original post by heavyhandscott)
Osmosis - associate it with the hair care company 'Osmo' since you wash your hair with water - movement of water from high concentration to low across a semi permeable membrane

Active transport - its active so needs lots of energy. from ATP, to move around - movement of water from low conc to high conc

diffusion - if you were to diffuse someones angry, they go from high anger levels to low
- movement of particles from high conc to low
cell - smallest sub unit of a living organism capable of surviving on its own

tissue - a group of the same cells

organelle - a small functioning part of a cell adapted to do a certain function
I know the definitions but do you know how to not get confused and get them all mixed up?
heavyhandscott
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by animal.)
I know the definitions but do you know how to not get confused and get them all mixed up?
I dont see how if you learn them you get them mixed up. use links between words and definitions like the osmo one.

If you learn the word and what it means you shouldnt struggle, youre probably overreacting
animal.
Rep:
?
(Original post by heavyhandscott)
I dont see how if you learn them you get them mixed up. use links between words and definitions like the osmo one.

If you learn the word and what it means you shouldnt struggle, youre probably overreacting
I honestly don't know how i get mixed up myself, but yeah ahah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (58)
4.67%
Uncertainty around my education (191)
15.39%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (137)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (177)
14.26%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (54)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (69)
5.56%
Loneliness (108)
8.7%
Financial worries (43)
3.46%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (66)
5.32%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (111)
8.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (114)
9.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise