This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
As everyone has almost finished ( my last exams are on thursday ) I was wondering what you all felt of the exams this year?
Personally, I think some have been very hard and other quite easy. I dont think that the exam boards have quite got the balance that they had on the old A-level style papers. Also, another factor is the mess the exam boards ended up in last year with the media saying it was too easy, that perhaps they made them harder who knows!
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I agree, the exams have been very polarised this year. My maths exams were either easy or impossible, physics has been easy for far (but synoptic on thursday so fearing the worst), and chemistry this morning consisted of one "straightforward but challenging" paper, and a synoptic that was in a completely different format to previous papers.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I finished mine yesterday. Some were quite hard, most were ok though.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Edexcel maths: Took P1, P2, P2, S1 and S2 this summer. They all leaned on the side of easy except P3.

OCR B Physics: Got a good A in my AS hence didn't retake any AS papers. Paper 4 was easy to the point of being silly. Paper 5 was harder but still decent. Paper 6 this Thursday... we will see.

Edexcel economics: Retook all AS papers, and did the A2 papers. Papers 1-3, AS papers were all easy. Paper 4 I was pressed for time on but it wasn't a hard paper. Paper 5 and 6 were both fine I think.

Overall I've been pretty happy with all my papers. I can't stress how badly I did on P3 though...

Ed
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (295)
34.26%
No (566)
65.74%

Watched Threads