The Student Room Group

FREE Programming/Coding Help Desk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
I’m not using arrays
Hello I am using C and trying to get this to loop until the user inputs 1 2 or 3 then break the loop.do {MenuChoice = 0;cin >> MenuChoice;cin.clear();cin.ignore(123, '\n');} while (MenuChoice != 1 || MenuChoice != 2 || MenuChoice != 3);What am I doing wrong?
Can i post a question and get the answer within minutes?
I have an issue with one ofmy functions, it is not displaying the correct outputs, its in C and has a corelation to one other function
Hello, I have a website project in mind that I would like to use as means of learning programming. I currently have basic programming skills and I was thinking of using this project as a platform to learn. The question I have is whether this project is too ambitions for my current skills and whether the current structure of using vue.js and sql database is adequate for the project. Is there a way to have a chat with someone proficient in coding skills to shed some light on this for me? Thanks. Chris
Original post by Chris_81
Hello, I have a website project in mind that I would like to use as means of learning programming. I currently have basic programming skills and I was thinking of using this project as a platform to learn. The question I have is whether this project is too ambitions for my current skills and whether the current structure of using vue.js and sql database is adequate for the project. Is there a way to have a chat with someone proficient in coding skills to shed some light on this for me? Thanks. Chris

hi what do you want to know? whether something is too ambitious depends on your skill level, which no one here knows other than yourself..
Original post by Chris_81

Vue and a SQL database, but what's in between?
Hey Async,You still offering help?
I need help creating a code for a text based adventure came in python
Original post by jakesutterlin
I need help creating a code for a text based adventure came in python

ask away
Original post by HucktheForde
ask away

I need to add a pickup item feature as the player moves through each room they can pickup the item and add it to the inventory. I am able to get the user to see the item in each room but not be prompted to pick up the item. Below is what I have tried to code.

if playerMove == 'pick' or playerMove == 'acquire' or playerMove == 'get':
# add to inventory if exists
for i in rooms:
for j in i:
if j == 'Item':
inventory.append(rooms[j])
else:
print('nothing to pick')
Original post by jakesutterlin
I need to add a pickup item feature as the player moves through each room they can pickup the item and add it to the inventory. I am able to get the user to see the item in each room but not be prompted to pick up the item. Below is what I have tried to code.

if playerMove == 'pick' or playerMove == 'acquire' or playerMove == 'get':
# add to inventory if exists
for i in rooms:
for j in i:
if j == 'Item':
inventory.append(rooms[j])
else:
print('nothing to pick')

No needs rooms [j]

Just j

This is not the standard for loop
I want to add a button to a google site that links to a Padlet (padlet.com) but then also automatically makes two clicks the first click on the button to add content and then the second click on the take photo button. This is for a primary level school class. Trying to create a collaborative collage where they only need to click one button my site and then the take photo window pops up.
Original post by millersd63
I want to add a button to a google site that links to a Padlet (padlet.com) but then also automatically makes two clicks the first click on the button to add content and then the second click on the take photo button. This is for a primary level school class. Trying to create a collaborative collage where they only need to click one button my site and then the take photo window pops up.

This isn't something that's possible from just a button click on your site, as you're trying to interact with buttons and content on an entirely different site (Padlet.com).
So couldn't do something like embed a scratch application on my webpage that houses the main button for users to click and then automatically runs a program like 1. open my padlet link2. automate click one3. automate click two?
Can you please help me with my java code? I am new to this and I am struggling.
I need help with my code, please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending