The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Darley bank?

Scroll to see replies

Do you get to choose whether you get a mixed or same sex room or is it luck of the draw?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by agentdalecooper
Do you get to choose whether you get a mixed or same sex room or is it luck of the draw?

Luck really I'd say.. I booked the room that already had one guy, because I booked quite a while ago, so it looked mixed to others but now it's ended up all guys pretty much! You're better off booking a room with someone already in depending on if you want mixed or same gender flat :smile:
Original post by Marnie Tomkinson
Luck really I'd say.. I booked the room that already had one guy, because I booked quite a while ago, so it looked mixed to others but now it's ended up all guys pretty much! You're better off booking a room with someone already in depending on if you want mixed or same gender flat :smile:

Ah cool thanks. I'd prefer just sharing with girls I think.... I'm going to have to creep on the website and jump in a flat that's almost full or something haha
What flat have you gone in then? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by esme skill
What flat have you gone in then? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me? I haven't applied for one yet, I'm waiting for my applicant day before I firm Derby. Wanna make sure I'm 100% happy with the course there and stuff :smile:
Yes, aww i see, hope it goes well :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!
I'm thinking of staying in Darley Bank when/if I start at Derby Uni, and was wondering if anyone has any extra info that isn't on the website?
I also have a few questions:
How far is it, walking distance, from the Kedleston Road campus?
When you book your room, does it tell you who you'll be sharing with?

Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll see some of you guys in September!
Lots of love
xxx
Original post by bonjourbethh
Hi guys!
I'm thinking of staying in Darley Bank when/if I start at Derby Uni, and was wondering if anyone has any extra info that isn't on the website?
I also have a few questions:
How far is it, walking distance, from the Kedleston Road campus?
When you book your room, does it tell you who you'll be sharing with?

Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll see some of you guys in September!
Lots of love
xxx

Hi! I haven't actually seen it but I know it's about 10-15 minutes walk from kedleston campus and just across the road from the nunnery court pretty much. When booking, you get the choice of your room and it shows you if there are males/females in the room but not their names. My room is fully booked as far as I know and so far, I know there's 4 boys and me (it's a 6 bedroom flat) and I don't know if the other is female or male. You can choose the size of the flat you want! Hope this helps!!! :smile: x
Its not that far into town from there either, and i visited darley bank, and its really modern and really nice it also allows you to choose which block you want to go into aswelll depending on which flat you choose, i am in a 6 bedroom flat but no one has come in mine yet, looking forward to meeting you all :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do we find the date out, for when we move in? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's the 12th of September when we can move in by because it says on our contracts: "tenancy period beginning on 12-Sep-2015 ending on 15-Jul-2016"
That's for a 44 week contract not 50 :smile: xx
Oh i see, thats not my course starts on the first :frown: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
No no! It says everyones course starts on the first but I don't think they start until the end of September. They don't know the exact date yet but they know its in September so they put them all as the first! What course are you doing again? X
Education studies, and really i didnt know, thought i had to leave home early :smile: thank god i dont :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your help you two! Xx
Its okay :smile: feel free to add me on facebook if you want :smile: Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Can I ask why are people living her and not halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont know for some reason i liked it more 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it seems more modern, and it seems to be in a better place than the majority of the halls! I'm not sure why, but I feel like you'd have a bit more privacy at Darley Bank too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending