OliverBeaumontt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm considering choosing French for GCSE but I have got an issue, what are the exams like?do you have to be good at French? Is it hard? Do you have to remember a lot?
Slyveon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've never been good at french so when it was compulsory at my school to take it, it was horrible. But, I've just finished a piece of coursework today and to be honest, it's one of my easiest subjects. You don't have to remember a lot, but learning the tenses are probably the most important thing and I'd recommend you get a head-start in that. Otherwise the exams are quick and simple (Reading, listening, speaking and writing) and it isn't as hard as the other subjects! You don't have to be a master at it to take it and I would definitely recommend it if you want to try for it! ^^
Ozark
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Put 100% effort into the coursework i.e speaking and writing. This means learning your answers off by heart and making sure they tick every box with regards to content. As for listening and reading, use quizlet to test knowledge and listening skills. As for grade boundaries, they're way, way lower than German. If you're diligent, it is definitely possible to get 100% UMS; about 5 people in my class of 22 did.

However, I have heard (cannot confirm this though) that when the new GCSE system comes in, they're scrapping pre-rehearsed coursework questions and giving you random ones on the spot... which renders my advice irrelevant!
stormyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yeah make sure you do well in the coursework as if i remember rightly it adds up to 60 percent
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
they're easy at GCSE, learn all the vocab from the spec n ur all good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (676)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads