WanderLost225
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In September I will be studying A level English Literature (OCR), and wondered if anyone who has done English with this particular board can share their experiences, difficulty of course, any tips etc?

The grade boundaries seem very high, to get the top grade it seems you can only lose 4-6 marks maximum, which seems quite strict for an essay subject? Is the mark scheme very lenient as a result?

Ideally I'd like to get an A* so any help/ advice would be very helpful. Thanks
Cal-lum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do as well as you can in your coursework and try get close to full marks on both pieces. Don't be scared to keep asking your teacher for help when it comes to coursework too as it really is important to go into the exam with a high mark already.

When it comes to the exam....well essay structure is key to fit in all the assessment objectives. Learn critical terminology and have a good understanding of the texts and you'll be fine. In the meantime don't worry about your A level choices, keep on going with your GCSEs. I made that mistake and probably spent a little to much time thinking about A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (211)
74.82%
No (71)
25.18%

Watched Threads