Oschene23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm guessing some people are starting to think about accommodation for IB internships taking place in the City or Canary Wharf this summer given that recruitment is almost finished for 2015, so thought it would be useful to have a thread to discuss people's plans/suggestions.
meeera123456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i have a room to rent in canary wharf for june-july. let me know if you're interested!
bg1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have an internship in the city and am thinking of staying in scape east. Anyone else looking in that area?
Oschene23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by bg1994)
I have an internship in the city and am thinking of staying in scape east. Anyone else looking in that area?
I thought scape East was just for year long lets?

Posted from TSR Mobile
bg1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I called them up this morning and they said they're offering rooms over the summer from june-september
corales
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone staying at Claredale House?
Commercial Paper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by corales)
Anyone staying at Claredale House?
I'm probably going to apply later today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
corales
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by will2348)
I'm probably going to apply later today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apply soon, I heard they fill up quickly. Although I think you should be fine. Registration only opened up this Monday.
Commercial Paper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by corales)
Apply soon, I heard they fill up quickly. Although I think you should be fine. Registration only opened up this Monday.
Thanks for the heads up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Commercial Paper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I called them up this morning and they said they're offering rooms over the summer from june-september
Do you know what type of rooms? Do you have to phone them? On the website it only seems to offer bookings for the year long?

Posted from TSR Mobile
bg1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you know what type of rooms? Do you have to phone them? On the website it only seems to offer bookings for the year long?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Presumably all types of rooms, I just called the Scape East phone number. Hopefully they should be able to help. The guy who picked up my call quite brusque, so I recommend you have your questions ready to avoid them ending the call when you still have questions :P
bg1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've actually now opted for Liberty Court. One of the Liberty Living places just NW of the city. They've confirmed me, so I'll have a lovely 10min commute to Ropemaker Street
Commercial Paper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Presumably all types of rooms, I just called the Scape East phone number. Hopefully they should be able to help. The guy who picked up my call quite brusque, so I recommend you have your questions ready to avoid them ending the call when you still have questions :P
Yeah, I spoke with them again today and they've given me a specific person to contact but they're not available until tomorrow. If I can get something with them, I probably will, it's only four stops on the tube from my offices, haha. Don't really want to pay anything over 225 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tomatochuckers
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've actually now opted for Liberty Court. One of the Liberty Living places just NW of the city. They've confirmed me, so I'll have a lovely 10min commute to Ropemaker Street
Hey I'm interning at Ropemarker Street as well.

Aside from Liberty Court did you come across any other ideal accommodation options? I was thinking about KCL accom (close to London Bridge so would just Northern line it).
bg1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tomatochuckers)
Hey I'm interning at Ropemarker Street as well.

Aside from Liberty Court did you come across any other ideal accommodation options? I was thinking about KCL accom (close to London Bridge so would just Northern line it).
I'm not sure of your budget, but this is what I found... All the liberty buildings look great. I looked into Kings' Great Dover Street and also some Sanctuary Students properties (though they seemed quite basic considering their price). There was also the Glassyard Building (on the Northern line from Stockwell) that seems pretty swish.
Commercial Paper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Scape said to me they're not doing accomodation for summer interns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bg1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Scape said to me they're not doing accomodation for summer interns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm strange. I called at the weekend. Maybe the guy was misinformed
Commercial Paper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmmm strange. I called at the weekend. Maybe the guy was misinformed
I don't know, he said they were, he put me in touch with someone who then replied saying they weren't.

Any other ideas - looking for something that's quick to Tower Hill?

Posted from TSR Mobile
bg1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I haven't looked into any of these, but at least three are on the circle line, and one (Urbanest Tower Bridge) is across the road from Tower Hill station.

http://www.accommodationforstudents....phs_London.asp
WinstonWolf
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys, American here who'll be working in the city this summer (near Liverpool st station). I was wondering if any of you could point me towards some resources for housing. I looked into Claredale house but apparently the earliest move-in date is two weeks after my start date, so that won't work.

Ideally I'd like to be within reasonable walking distance to my office (probably unrealistic) or at least close to a tube station no more than a couple stops away from Liverpool.

Any suggestions in regards to good locations, university housing, or other cheap accommodation options would be much appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (26)
28.89%
No (64)
71.11%

Watched Threads