Is it weird to go to the cinema on your own?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
oaidyl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've really wanted to watch Selma for a while now but no one I'd like to go with is up for it so I might have to go alone...

Do you think it's odd to go to the cinema on your own? :confused:
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe, it shouldn't be though.
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by oaidyl)
x
Nope. I go to the cinema whenever I want to watch a film, well almost always... parents :mmm:, even if that means I go on my own instead of with friends. It doesn't matter. You can enjoy the film on your own. :yep:

Go and watch that film!

Posted from TSR Mobile
WhimsicalSloth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No it's not weird at all I remember once planning to go and see a movie with a friend, but they were unable to turn up and couldn't get hold of me to tell me, so instead of turning around and going home I just thought, 'screw it..' and it was actually really good in the end. No one will really judge you because they can't see you in the dark anyway.
SquareBrackets
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
YES
NerdyMeg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I remember watching a movie alone once. There were only four people in the cinema hall. All scattered. It is really funny when I recall it now.
kopi, ffs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's gotta be less weird than meeting up with someone specifically to sit in silence watching a screen in the dark...
SiminaM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I only did it during a film festival I was volunteering at and I had 100% free pass. But it was ok. I guess wearing an official T-shirt made me more confident. Tbh, it was a great movie.
Do it. Really, it's nothing weird. If anything, you'll focus better and get the real cinema experience

Also, yolo. If you wanna see a movie, go see a movie! **** those who judge you, you go see that movie!:cool:
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No I wouldn't say that is weird at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've never been alone but if I was desperate to see a movie and nobody else would go, I would go alone.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
I really really wanted to see The Theory of Everything but had no one to see it with and was too cowardly to go on my own. :getmecoat:
imlisa1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i go to the cinema on my own, it's not weird. it's normal to be like your own company
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SquareBrackets)
YES
Just because you can't do it... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
SquareBrackets
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by karmacrunch)
Just because you can't do it... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is weird though. Its weird because society obviously think its weird. Just because I am not self-confident or desperate enough to go doesn't mean its not weird.
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is weird though. Its weird because society obviously think its weird. Just because I am not self-confident or desperate enough to go doesn't mean its not weird.
Who cares want "society" thinks? That's a pretty bad justification. :lolwut: If you really want to watch something... you go and watch it.

EDIT: "Within certain obvious limitations..."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you stock all of your opinions from society or do you have any of your own formulation?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by karmacrunch)
Who cares want "society" thinks? That's a pretty bad justification. :lolwut: If you really want to watch something... you go and watch it.
Within certain obvious limitations...
Floydacious
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Screw society is the way I like to see it.

I see nothing wrong with going to a cinema or a gig alone. I go to gigs alone a lot of times and it is not weird at all. Maybe for the first time, but still.

Anyone who looks down on someone just because they are doing something they enjoy are chumps.
prettyGirl101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
not weird at all. go for it!
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nah not weird, think I might start doing it more.

(Original post by kopi, ffs)
It's gotta be less weird than meeting up with someone specifically to sit in silence watching a screen in the dark...
When you strip it down this is the reality.

Like how weird is it that people meet up specifically to eat food in a public place and hold a private conversation?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads