The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jibola240
I'm struggling to see what's weird about this. Or I'm I missing a joke?

It's not weird, my joke was ****
Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to the cinema by myself, I felt so awkward and I sometimes felt like a loner and loser.But I enjoyed the movie and was better able to watch it when on my own than with friends.
Original post by Maid Marian
I really really wanted to see The Theory of Everything but had no one to see it with and was too cowardly to go on my own. :getmecoat:

I saw it yesterday, it's a good film :biggrin:
Original post by oaidyl
I've really wanted to watch Selma for a while now but no one I'd like to go with is up for it so I might have to go alone...

Do you think it's odd to go to the cinema on your own? :confused:

Was going to watch that today on my own!
no it's not weird at all. At first you might feel a bit uncomfortable, but after a while you start to not care about what other people think of you if they see you alone. I have done it three times. :smile:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

*sticks out lip*
Reply 46
Suurreee you want to go and see Selma. Are you sure it isn't actually 50 shades of grey you are really wanting to watch? lol
I went to the cinema alone a few times. At first you feel kinda uncomfortable and self-conscious but then you forget about it and just enjoy the movie. **** what other people think.
Having said that what do you people think about going to a bar or a club alone? Personally i would feel too weird going alone but dunno.
^^^^^^^^^^

Original post by zKlown
It's not weird, my joke was ****

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to the cinema by myself, I felt so awkward and I sometimes felt like a loner and loser.But I enjoyed the movie and was better able to watch it when on my own than with friends.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown

Original post by elmosandy
Was going to watch that today on my own!

Original post by DeadEnd_96
no it's not weird at all. At first you might feel a bit uncomfortable, but after a while you start to not care about what other people think of you if they see you alone. I have done it three times. :smile:

Original post by Maid Marian
*sticks out lip*

Original post by Saraaaa
Suurreee you want to go and see Selma. Are you sure it isn't actually 50 shades of grey you are really wanting to watch? lol
do what makes you feel happy!
Its not wierd but u will surely look like a loner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand why it's seen as weird to go and watch a film on your own. You're sitting in a dark room and not talking. You don't need people there to do that.
Reply 52
ohh hell noooo o ooooo
It's not weird, I've done it once and I was the only person in the whole cinema hahaha. A day I won't forget.
I go alone all the time, I'm a fan of cinema.

Have to say the people who think this makes you a loser are pretty sad.
Reply 55
I do lots of things on my own, like bathing and ****ting.
Reply 56
Original post by oaidyl
I've really wanted to watch Selma for a while now but no one I'd like to go with is up for it so I might have to go alone...

Do you think it's odd to go to the cinema on your own? :confused:

You don't need to lie...you want to watch 50 Shades of Grey, but you don't have a girlfriend to finger in the cinema...it's cool b.
Not at all.

I remember when I used to find eating alone really embarassing at work experience but I enjoy my own company.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly prefer going by myself, plus it doesn't really matter since you won't be interacting with your friends very much while watching the movie (at least I don't). Personally I just prefer being alone at the cinema, I don't feel like a loner at all.
Reply 59
I want a cinema buddy, I don't like feeling lonely and then going into a cinema screening that is full of couples and groups of friends will really make me depressed lol.

Latest