International/EU offer holders for 2015 entry Watch

rennys
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Any internationals here planning to firm Durham? Where are you from, what will you be studying and what college have you applied to?
ale192
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I'm from Italy and I've been accepted to study anthropology and sociology! I applied to University College what about you?
trubadur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
I'm from Bucharest Romania and last week I received an offer for MChem(Industrial route).I applied for St.Cuthbert's and wait for the allocation.
rennys
Rep:
?
(Original post by ale192)
Hi! I'm from Italy and I've been accepted to study anthropology and sociology! I applied to University College what about you?
Hey neighbor! I am from Greece and I have an offer for Law. I applied to St. Chad's. I am visiting Italy this summer after my exams but my friends and I haven't decided on the exact destination yet.
rennys
Rep:
?
(Original post by trubadur)
Hi,
I'm from Bucharest Romania and last week I received an offer for MChem(Industrial route).I applied for St.Cuthbert's and wait for the allocation.
That's nice, I am from Greece, applied for Law at St. Chad's. There is almost not a single Greek person in Durham, unlike Southern universities.
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Kalispera, same situation with the Romanians, despite going to UK about 2,000 every year lately, Durham is not yet a target for them.
But, I hope the environment is very internationally friendly
ale192
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rennys)
Hey neighbor! I am from Greece and I have an offer for Law. I applied to St. Chad's. I am visiting Italy this summer after my exams but my friends and I haven't decided on the exact destination yet.

Hey there! I would looove to visit Greece! I absolutely love your history and mythology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
rennys
Rep:
?
Kalispera, same situation with the Romanians, despite going to UK about 2,000 every year lately, Durham is not yet a target for them.
But, I hope the environment is very internationally friendly
Bună Seara! (I hope that's right?? haha)
I think we won't have a problem in Durham as internationals. My parents keep telling me though that it would be better to go somewhere where friends of mine will be going, but I just don't want to go to London (UCL and KCL are my other choices).
rennys
Rep:
?
(Original post by ale192)
Hey there! I would looove to visit Greece! I absolutely love your history and mythology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Finally a nice comment about Greece after all the hatred towards us with all that's been happening lately. Italy has an amazing history as well!
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's perfect.
I am thinking the same,I even didn't apply to London unis.I have offers from Durham,St.Andrews,York and Nott,and still wait from Edinburgh.Anyway my first choices are Dur and StA.
I had 3 holidays in Greece, one in Crete(which was absolutely gorgeous), one in Thassos and once I travelled by car from Igoumenitsa(coming by ferry from Bari) to Salonic.Where are you from ?
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rennys)
Thank you! Finally a nice comment about Greece after all the hatred towards us with all that's been happening lately. Italy has an amazing history as well!
South of Italy was once Magna Grecia and in the Balkans the greek influences are present,especially in Romania(many greeks emigrated here the last 3 hundred years).
Those thinking or speaking bad about Greece are ignorants, I may say the same about Italy and Romania.
Lac.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi fellow eu people; i'm from france, and i have an offer for music^^
Yack in a Box
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
Hey, hey!

Bucharest? next thing you know you might actually be my neighbor!

Offer holder from Romania here as well (economics).
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lac.)
hi fellow eu people; i'm from france, and i have an offer for music^^
Bonsoir et felicitations:congrats:
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Yack in a Box)
Hey, hey!

Bucharest? next thing you know you might actually be my neighbor!

Offer holder from Romania here as well (economics).
Congrats.:clap2:Will you firm Durham?Which are your other choices?
Yack in a Box
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats.:clap2:Will you firm Durham?Which are your other choices?
Either Durham or UCL.. although I find that I actually like Durham a lot better. Will you firm Durham?
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Yack in a Box)
Either Durham or UCL.. although I find that I actually like Durham a lot better. Will you firm Durham?
Have to chose between Durham and StAndrews.As of today it's 60% Durham.For insurance I will chose between Nott and York.How about you?
Yack in a Box
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have to chose between Durham and StAndrews.As of today it's 60% Durham.For insurance I will chose between Nott and York.How about you?
Still thinking about it.. I am leaning towards Durham though..
Have you joined the offer holders' fb page?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/803055009736957/
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not yet.I will do it after the allocation and the mocks
Good night and :goodluck:
winghwy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I'm from Hong Kong with a conditional offer for Politics. Applied to castle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads