The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

International/EU offer holders for 2015 entry

Any internationals here planning to firm Durham? Where are you from, what will you be studying and what college have you applied to? :smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm from Italy and I've been accepted to study anthropology and sociology! I applied to University College :smile: what about you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi,
I'm from Bucharest Romania and last week I received an offer for MChem(Industrial route).I applied for St.Cuthbert's and wait for the allocation.:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ale192
Hi! I'm from Italy and I've been accepted to study anthropology and sociology! I applied to University College :smile: what about you?

Hey neighbor! I am from Greece and I have an offer for Law. I applied to St. Chad's. I am visiting Italy this summer after my exams but my friends and I haven't decided on the exact destination yet. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by trubadur
Hi,
I'm from Bucharest Romania and last week I received an offer for MChem(Industrial route).I applied for St.Cuthbert's and wait for the allocation.:smile:

That's nice, I am from Greece, applied for Law at St. Chad's. There is almost not a single Greek person in Durham, unlike Southern universities.
Kalispera:smile:, same situation with the Romanians, despite going to UK about 2,000 every year lately, Durham is not yet a target for them.
But, I hope the environment is very internationally friendly:wink:
Reply 6
Original post by rennys
Hey neighbor! I am from Greece and I have an offer for Law. I applied to St. Chad's. I am visiting Italy this summer after my exams but my friends and I haven't decided on the exact destination yet. :tongue:

Hey there! :smile: I would looove to visit Greece! I absolutely love your history and mythology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Kalispera:smile:, same situation with the Romanians, despite going to UK about 2,000 every year lately, Durham is not yet a target for them.
But, I hope the environment is very internationally friendly:wink:

Bună Seara! (I hope that's right?? haha)
I think we won't have a problem in Durham as internationals. My parents keep telling me though that it would be better to go somewhere where friends of mine will be going, but I just don't want to go to London (UCL and KCL are my other choices).
Reply 8
Original post by ale192
Hey there! :smile: I would looove to visit Greece! I absolutely love your history and mythology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Finally a nice comment about Greece after all the hatred towards us with all that's been happening lately. Italy has an amazing history as well!
That's perfect:smile:.
I am thinking the same,I even didn't apply to London unis.I have offers from Durham,St.Andrews,York and Nott,and still wait from Edinburgh.Anyway my first choices are Dur and StA.
I had 3 holidays in Greece, one in Crete(which was absolutely gorgeous), one in Thassos and once I travelled by car from Igoumenitsa(coming by ferry from Bari) to Salonic.Where are you from ?
Original post by rennys
Thank you! Finally a nice comment about Greece after all the hatred towards us with all that's been happening lately. Italy has an amazing history as well!

South of Italy was once Magna Grecia:smile: and in the Balkans the greek influences are present,especially in Romania(many greeks emigrated here the last 3 hundred years).
Those thinking or speaking bad about Greece are ignorants, I may say the same about Italy and Romania.
Reply 11
hi fellow eu people; i'm from france, and i have an offer for music^^
Hi,

Hey, hey!

Bucharest? next thing you know you might actually be my neighbor! :smile:

Offer holder from Romania here as well (economics).
Original post by Lac.
hi fellow eu people; i'm from france, and i have an offer for music^^

Bonsoir et felicitations:congrats:
Original post by Yack in a Box
Hey, hey!

Bucharest? next thing you know you might actually be my neighbor! :smile:

Offer holder from Romania here as well (economics).

Congrats.:clap2:Will you firm Durham?Which are your other choices?
Congrats.:clap2:Will you firm Durham?Which are your other choices?

Either Durham or UCL.. although I find that I actually like Durham a lot better. Will you firm Durham?
Original post by Yack in a Box
Either Durham or UCL.. although I find that I actually like Durham a lot better. Will you firm Durham?

Have to chose between Durham and StAndrews.As of today it's 60% Durham:smile:.For insurance I will chose between Nott and York.How about you?
Have to chose between Durham and StAndrews.As of today it's 60% Durham:smile:.For insurance I will chose between Nott and York.How about you?

Still thinking about it.. I am leaning towards Durham though..
Have you joined the offer holders' fb page?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/803055009736957/
Not yet.I will do it after the allocation and the mocks:smile:
Good night and :goodluck:
Reply 19
Hi! I'm from Hong Kong with a conditional offer for Politics. Applied to castle :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending