The Student Room Group

Is not having business a big disadvantage to a marketing degree??

I have applied for marketing degrees and am thinking of taking the offer of a sandwich course at Birmingham City. I know its a course I'll enjoy as I'm interested in marketing and feel like I have knowledge of the subject already.

However, I feel nervous about starting as I haven't ever studied Business. I think that I have a pretty good knowledge of the subject but I'm just not sure if its good enough.

Anyone who's done marketing or knows about the course, do you think I'll be okay? The first module for my first choice course in Business Fundamentals, so with this and what I already know, do you think I'll be alright??
Thanks!!
Hi maryturley,

I'm on my placement year from studying marketing at Nottingham Trent - hadn't done any business related subjects before starting and didn't struggle at all. A lot of people I am studying with have no experience of business either.

If the course is anything like it is at Trent then there will be basic business understanding modules in your first year to give you this grounding anyway. For example - I had modules in Accounting and Finance, Quantitative Methods and Managing and Organising alongside my marketing specific modules.

Hope that helps, any questions give me a shout.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MrketingStudnt
Hi maryturley,

I'm on my placement year from studying marketing at Nottingham Trent - hadn't done any business related subjects before starting and didn't struggle at all. A lot of people I am studying with have no experience of business either.

If the course is anything like it is at Trent then there will be basic business understanding modules in your first year to give you this grounding anyway. For example - I had modules in Accounting and Finance, Quantitative Methods and Managing and Organising alongside my marketing specific modules.

Hope that helps, any questions give me a shout.

Thank you so much! This puts my mind at rest! There is a module for business fundamentals, so I guess I'll learn all I need to know there! Thanks for your help☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending