sophie.howells
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A thread for anyone taking the AQA German GCSE Exam in the summer of 2015. We can discuss revision and controlled assessment help etc.
Sophie
CrystalMath101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has your school done any speaking exams yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophie.howells
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have done one writing and one speaking, and on Tuesday I am doing another writing exam. Then we are having 3 weeks planning for a speaking (did the topic a while ago). How about you?
CrystalMath101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sophie.howells)
I have done one writing and one speaking, and on Tuesday I am doing another writing exam. Then we are having 3 weeks planning for a speaking (did the topic a while ago). How about you?
Wow in my school we've already finished all our writings and we've done one speaking, so we've got one more speaking to go, which we're gonna do after Easter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subspace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Completed a speaking and writing CA last year in Y10 (scraped A*s for both of them) and also completed a speaking exam this year (now we're preparing for the last writing CA).

We were told that due to changes in the speaking mark scheme, all of the speaking exams had to be remarked via the recordings and that dropped me from borderline A/A* to a borderline B/A (not quite sure why this applied to us since there should've been a warning).

In terms of the 2015 listening and reading exams I don't think I'll do too well but my only hope is using the CGP Vocab Tester Book with the DVD with recordings, as well as past papers.
greentron6
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've finished all my controlled assessments, and it's at an A* however my reading/listening is usually at B-D's. Any advice on those?
99-bdk23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Past papers are always good for reading, and what we're doing at the moment is after we've done the paper, going through any vocab we don't know and having a second test on that, which is something you can do at home. There will be a certain number of words you'll see crop up a lot, and learning these will help your understanding
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by taylortron99)
I've finished all my controlled assessments, and it's at an A* however my reading/listening is usually at B-D's. Any advice on those?
I sat the AQA German GCSE last year and must say the listening was hard but I somehow managed to get a B in it(this I don't know how)

Anyway the key is to learn lots of vocab because without them you will not understand. I also passed my reading exam(was shocked because previously to the real exam I was not confident)

Edit: Excuse the username.
greentron6
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by German123)
I sat the AQA German GCSE last year and must say the listening was hard but I somehow managed to get a B in it(this I don't know how)

Anyway the key is to learn lots of vocab because without them you will not understand. I also passed my reading exam(was shocked because previously to the real exam I was not confident)

Edit: Excuse the username.
Lol. What grade did you get for reading? What was your overall grade?
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by taylortron99)
Lol. What grade did you get for reading? What was your overall grade?
I got a B for the listening, a C for the reading, a C overall for both speaking exams, and a B overall for my writing controlled assessments.

So my overall grade was a high C(3 marks off a B)

I got a remark but my grade never changed.
Helfus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still got all four to do - first on Tuesday.

I'm doing foundation German (the shame!)
got7fangirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone know what the topics were for the 2015 aqa gcse german?
username1567177
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My coursework is all A* and I'm passing listening and reading but listening is my weakest so really have to work on it
ethanLAD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got straight A*s in my courseworks (lost 5 marks overall) and I'm predicted A*s in speaking and listening so if any needs my help
Aimez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by greentron6)
It REALLY helps revising your verbs. They're really important. Chances are, if you don't know the verb - you won't know the sentence.
German isn't really much of a hard topic to revise for as long as you know the main keywords in each section you should be fine. But those verbs are the difference from a C to an A*. Not even lying. :-/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day ā€“ GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (128)
47.94%
No (35)
13.11%
I'm not old enough (104)
38.95%

Watched Threads