Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wots ure hair routine after washing it. i simply blow dry and straighten but it still appears a mess all day.

ReputationRep:
    same as...but it's not messy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    wots ure hair routine after washing it. i simply blow dry and straighten but it still appears a mess all day.
    Brush it and leave it to dry naturally. I can't brush it when it's dry cuz it'll get frizzy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Brush it and leave it to dry naturally. I can't brush it when it's dry cuz it'll get frizzy.
    *hairdresser tip - don't BRUSH when you hair is wet - only comb
    brushing gives you split ends apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i blow dry it straighten it i blow dry it straighten it i blow dry it straighten it i blow dry it straighten it i blow dry it straighten it i blow dry it straighten it i blow dry it straighten it i blow dry it straighten it n becoz i dont have ghd's they still a mess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    same as...but it's not messy
    lol how do u straighten it is there a certain technique or something. i straighten, go outside and it loses its perfect straightness and appears too thin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    If I have time then I do the above, most of the time I leave it quite damp and it goes really curly/wavy and I like it

ReputationRep:
    Wrap it up in a towel... bung on some "liss" control stuff and that's it!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't like super-straight hair because it looks volumeless on me. I already have very little.

ReputationRep:
    I just towel dry and leave it most days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    lol how do u straighten it is there a certain technique or something. i straighten, go outside and it loses its perfect straightness and appears too thin
    ive got l'anza protection spray (step 2 - after drying), l'anza straightening balm (step 1 - before drying), and paul mitchell spray wax (finish)

ReputationRep:
    It depends on where im going etc. If its just regular day-to-day, i wash hair, apply frizz serum, and either blow dry or allow to dry naturlaly, and it goes into really sexy waves!

If im going out, or want my hair straightenend, i wash the hair, blow dry it thoroughly, apply the frizz serum, apply some straightening balm, straighten using my GHD's and within 15 minutes im done

WooHoo.

if i have a few flyaways, i use some texture wax to keep them down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I want to learn how to do that towel wrapping thing, only women seem to be able to do it.
    It's easy! Bend over, towel over head with it hanging over, and spin the hanging bit round and fling it back over your head and stand up!

ReputationRep:
    you don't "spin it round" you cross the two sides over your forehead and then twist

ReputationRep:
    It falls off! I can't do that twisting thing.

watch someone else do it. Then attempt.

ReputationRep:
    It falls off! I can't do that twisting thing.
    Do it really really tight. If you're doing it properly you'll look like wiwarin_mirs future wife (racist slur! )

ReputationRep:
    I want to learn how to do that towel wrapping thing, only women seem to be able to do it.
    u can buy special towel ...it makes it really easy

ReputationRep:
    I have. My missus can do it for me but I can't do it myself. I'm towelly challenged.

youre stuffed

ReputationRep:
    I have. My missus can do it for me but I can't do it myself. I'm towelly challenged.
    She should teach you! You can feed a man for a day with a fish and all that business.

ReputationRep:
    I can always shake myself dry like a dog.

true! That IS a possibility..im sure shed think that was a huge turn on!!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.