How to revise for GCSE (OCR) Business Studies Unit 3? Watch

Lucyylulu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am struggling to revise for GCSE Business Studies Unit 3 (OCR exam board) because I have found that we are just given a case study of 4 pages on a firm called Holden plc which manufactures and sells cushions using batch production to other businesses. My teacher has given me many examples of the type of questions that might appear in the exam, however I am still unsure on how to answer them.

In my mock exams I got an overall grade D for Business Studies even though I was 3 marks off an A on my Unit 2 paper simply because I ran out of time to do the final question. I had difficulty completing all the questions for Paper 2 which were questions made up by teacher to give us an experience of what the Unit 3 questions will be like and got an F which brought down my overall grade.

I am really worried about not being able to apply my knowledge to the style of questions that are given in Unit 3, what do you suggest I do?

Here are some examples of questions that I have been given:

Rental v mortgage? Briefly explain both of these methods of raising finance. (4 marks)

Suggest two disadvantages and two advantages of each as a way to finance their factory (6 marks)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Lucy
samuel230a
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lucyylulu)
I am struggling to revise for GCSE Business Studies Unit 3 (OCR exam board) because I have found that we are just given a case study of 4 pages on a firm called Holden plc which manufactures and sells cushions using batch production to other businesses. My teacher has given me many examples of the type of questions that might appear in the exam, however I am still unsure on how to answer them.

In my mock exams I got an overall grade D for Business Studies even though I was 3 marks off an A on my Unit 2 paper simply because I ran out of time to do the final question. I had difficulty completing all the questions for Paper 2 which were questions made up by teacher to give us an experience of what the Unit 3 questions will be like and got an F which brought down my overall grade.

I am really worried about not being able to apply my knowledge to the style of questions that are given in Unit 3, what do you suggest I do?

Here are some examples of questions that I have been given:

Rental v mortgage? Briefly explain both of these methods of raising finance. (4 marks)

Suggest two disadvantages and two advantages of each as a way to finance their factory (6 marks)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Lucy

I have the "APT's revision buddy" which is like a Case study specifc revision guide that gives information on "unit 3 / A293" overall but emphasise what is likely to come up because of the Case Study.

i'll message you
Lucyylulu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by samuel230a)
I have the "APT's revision buddy" which is like a Case study specifc revision guide that gives information on "unit 3 / A293" overall but emphasise what is likely to come up because of the Case Study.

i'll message you
Thank you very much
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can you message me too?
Nil98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can you message me too?
aqaedexcelwjec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
please can you message me too? really struggling
Annika_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm really worried about this exam too, the grade boundaries are ridiculous and I have no clue how to structure and answer the 10 mark questions. How did everyone find the Business and people one?
T4R4N
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Annika_x)
I'm really worried about this exam too, the grade boundaries are ridiculous and I have no clue how to structure and answer the 10 mark questions. How did everyone find the Business and people one?
I thought it was fairly easy, but pretty boring. What about you?
strugglesaaaah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

i'll message you
Please may you message me? I am really struggling and just confused about the knowledge we need to know, the depth of knowledge in which we need to know and how to actually apply the knowledge and exam technique!!
I am really stuck
Please help
Annika_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by T4R4N)
I thought it was fairly easy, but pretty boring. What about you?
Haha yeah same :P It was ok, but just long and the questions were in the same style, so it was boring.
Talz_99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

i'll message you
Can you message me too as i'm struggling and really worried about this exam. Greatly appreciated!
strugglesaaaah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by strugglesaaaah)
Please may you message me? I am really struggling and just confused about the knowledge we need to know, the depth of knowledge in which we need to know and how to actually apply the knowledge and exam technique!!
I am really stuck
Please help
Yes please thank you so much!!
strugglesaaaah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

i'll message you
Please may you message me!!
CheriseCupid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

i'll message you
Please can you message me as well
GCSEstudent4119
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

i'll message you [/QUOTE]

Can you help a brother out with this revision? I would be grateful if you could send it to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSEstudent4119
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Or maybe someone can post it on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
c1s2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GCSEstudent4119)

i'll message you

Can you help a brother out with this revision? I would be grateful if you could send it to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

Would be grateful if you could message me please
c1s2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have any of you guys seen 'the documentary' about the case study?
GCSEstudent4119
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by c1s2)
Have any of you guys seen 'the documentary' about the case study?
Is it good? And if so could you attach a link to it if it is online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gm12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
message please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (38)
13.67%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (22)
7.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (60)
21.58%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (40)
14.39%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (34)
12.23%
How can I be the best version of myself? (84)
30.22%

Watched Threads