Integrating & Differentiating Trig?

Watch
borysek01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I always had so much issues with this topic it's ridiculous. I'm doing C3 Maths (with CCEA exam board, if that makes any difference).

How do I go about doing these questions? I know the rules such as product and quotient rules, but converting from tan to sec squared for instance. Just how, and just why?
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel your post is too broad and too vague to get actual help.
k4l397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by borysek01)
I always had so much issues with this topic it's ridiculous. I'm doing C3 Maths (with CCEA exam board, if that makes any difference).

How do I go about doing these questions? I know the rules such as product and quotient rules, but converting from tan to sec squared for instance. Just how, and just why?
With the tan one, apply quotient rule to it. Rewrite tan as sin/cos and apply quotient as you would with any other expression and that's where the sec squared comes from. It should work out a lot easier than I think you might expect it.

Is there anything specific you don't understand about the topic? If not then it's probably just a case of practice, seeing where you are going wrong and why you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
15.93%
I'm not sure (8)
2.71%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (101)
34.24%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.36%
I'm not a current university student (135)
45.76%

Watched Threads