Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Yes but looking at the mark schemes there are method marks, and if they do not conform to what is specified then you may not gain them, you may get the mark for the correct answer but lose out on method. Having said that, my teacher says you won't lose marks for using stuff from P3 in P2.
    But their still was a method, to gain the solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    if they ask u to integrate (cosx)^6 in p3 they are testing ur integration skills!not complex number skills!
    Well i am finding i am finding it hard as it is. I have just decided that if they ask me any questions like these, it will be more of a stress relief to hunt the person who wrote the exam and kill them!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palwe)
    But their still was a method, to gain the solution.
    Yes but not what was specified for the actual marks, anyway its something I'm going to query my teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Sally)
    Well i am finding i am finding it hard as it is. I have just decided that if they ask me any questions like these, it will be more of a stress relief to hunt the person who wrote the exam and kill them!!!
    all it requires is practice and dedication,trust me.

ReputationRep:
    all it requires is practice and dedication,trust me.
    What year are you in

ReputationRep:
    Yes but not what was specified for the actual marks, anyway its something I'm going to query my teacher.
    Right, so perfect method, perfect solution, and no marks?

Heh, doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in
    same as u,im doin my A2 this summer.

ReputationRep:
    The method marks are there for if you dont get the answer right are they not? I thought they only looked at your method if your answer was wrong?

ReputationRep:
    same as u,im doin my A2 this summer.
    Then how do you find this so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palwe)

Heh, doubt it.
    but if its not relevent to the syllabus then yes,no marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    The method marks are there for if you dont get the answer right are they not? I thought they only looked at your method if your answer was wrong?
    Well i think it is unfair to mark you down if you haven't exactly the method specified. maths isn't about knowing one method, - it is the ability to reach the answer using various methods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palwe)

Heh, doubt it.
    If the method doesn't conform to the syllabus then you won't get the mark, pure and simple.

ReputationRep:
    No. The method marks, are for the method regardless if the answer is correct or incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    If the method doesn't conform to the syllabus then you won't get the mark, pure and simple.
    I'm pretty sure that if the method is free from logical-errors, then it will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    well the markscheme is for lazy examiners who can't be bothered/don't have the time to look through each person's method to see that the method used is possible

ReputationRep:
    LOOK,the reason its not aloud because it is unfair,if u have an easier way to tackle a question by doing something that is not in the syallabus then that is an unfair advantage u have compared to other people.

ReputationRep:
    Since when have you come up with that idea?

There's no such thing saying they won't give you the marks.

In Physics: If candidate gives alternative answer that is not on the mark scheme but answers the question correctly, award full marks as normal.

ReputationRep:
    well the markscheme is for lazy examiners who can't be bothered/don't have the time to look through each person's method to see that the method used is possible
    So isn't it better to be safe than sorry. As each script they mark, they are paid on, like a piece rate system.

ReputationRep:
    In practise, probably yes, as a technicality, they should check the method.

ReputationRep:
    So isn't it better to be safe than sorry. As each script they mark, they are paid on, like a piece rate system.
    They get about a minute to mark each paper(enough to check if the answers are correct or not)..

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.