Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to make this anothr cousework question but i need some serious help! Does anybody have any ideas about what i can include in my courseework essay titled, "Compare and contrat the roles of Lady Macbeth and Lady Macduff in the pay, giving close consideration to teir relationships with their husbands."
    I would appriciate any help,
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piefinch)
    I'm sorry to make this anothr cousework question but i need some serious help! Does anybody have any ideas about what i can include in my courseework essay titled, "Compare and contrat the roles of Lady Macbeth and Lady Macduff in the pay, giving close consideration to teir relationships with their husbands."
    cheers
    all i remmeber is dat lady macbeth is the boss of her husband and lady macduff gets killed by the thingies of macbeth

ReputationRep:
    Lady Macduff doesn't have a very big role in it does she? Just one scene where she gets killed I think.

Anyway, we see her maternal side, as she's with her son, while Lady Macduff calls on spirits to take away all he womanly, maternal instincts, and "take her milk for gall" or whatever.

Similarity - they both seem quite strong (Lady Macduff is coping without her husband) but in different ways.

This is just off the top of my head - it's over a year since I did Macbeth. I'll try and think of some more stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piefinch)
    cheers
    You could compare her and Lady Macbeth’s - family values. Lady Macduff has been conformed to the stereotypical view of a woman in her time – she’s defined principally as a mother, reliant on her husband and helpless when he is absent. Unlike Lady Macbeth she is almost an emblem of pity and perhaps the represents the ideal woman of that time? In contrast Lady Macbeth is childless (even though she has "given suck" and knows how ‘tender 'tis to love the babe…” – perhaps you could draw a similarity there if you want to?), ambitious and ruthless. You may like to compare their relationship with male characters – Lady Macduff is powerless in her relationship – she’s dependent on Macduff whilst Macbeth relies on his wife – their relationship is passionate and he takes heed of her advice/and is swayed by her ideas. Also how feminine are the characters? Lady Macbeth represses her femininity in order to exercise her power – ‘unsex me’ etc whilst Lady Macduff displays many of the esstential female traits, her loyalty and unwavering love for her husband and children...
    * I remember this play rather well because I was in both the theatre and school production of it

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.