The Student Room Group

Physics: OCR A G482 Electrons, Waves and Photons - 4/06/15

Poll

Where will the A boundary be?

So this is in my mind the more interesting topic:woo: but debroglie diffraction:indiff: anyway talk away:woo: were all here to help eachother.

Scroll to see replies

Hate G482. Mechanics forever. Waves are a real bugger
Reply 2
did this last year and HATED quantum, couldnt understand it but luckily there was only one question it thank god
got an A in this and an E in mechanics, teachers said theyve never seen the grades that way around hahaha oops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by bitofageek
Hate G482. Mechanics forever. Waves are a real bugger

:sadnod: have you done a moch in it?
Original post by c_k62
did this last year and HATED quantum, couldnt understand it but luckily there was only one question it thank god
got an A in this and an E in mechanics, teachers said theyve never seen the grades that way around hahaha oops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quantum is in G484? Right...
Reply 4
Original post by Aph
:sadnod: have you done a moch in it?

Quantum is in G484? Right...

noo the quantum was in AS, G482 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by c_k62
noo the quantum was in AS, G482 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHat bit of quantum? Nut neutrinos, leptons ect?
I assume you mean de Broglie wavelength/diffraction, wave-particle duality, photoelectric effect...etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themancunian
I assume you mean de Broglie wavelength/diffraction, wave-particle duality, photoelectric effect...etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I think he means energy of a photon section, that's quantum physics.
I could not find a thread for this year's electrons, waves and photons paper for physics OCR A.
Therefore I made this.

You guys can share resources, knowledge and predictions here.

I will start: http://www.st-ambrosecollege.org.uk/...sics-as-level/
This is a very good resource!
Nice, I was waiting for a G482 thread! Revision's not going very well for me, I struggle with the electricity modules - mainly potential dividers and emf... The grade boundaries are so low though, I'll hopefully still get an A... How's your revision going?

This website is very useful: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/ocr-unit-2/ There are questions by topic etc.
Original post by victoria98
Nice, I was waiting for a G482 thread! Revision's not going very well for me, I struggle with the electricity modules - mainly potential dividers and emf... The grade boundaries are so low though, I'll hopefully still get an A... How's your revision going?

This website is very useful: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/ocr-unit-2/ There are questions by topic etc.

Thanks!!! And I dunno I'm
Not doing too much revision on that module because there is the whole of half term. To bs honest there is not much to revise of you understand it but yh electricity is my weak part especially E.M.F as well :frown:
It's a difficult concept tbf!
Original post by victoria98

Thanks!!! And I dunno I'm
Not doing too much revision on that module because there is the whole of half term. To be honest there is not much to revise of you understand it but yh electricity is my weak part especially E.M.F as well :frown:
It's a difficult concept tbf!
Hey! Have you guys started past papers yet?
Original post by Super199
Hey! Have you guys started past papers yet?

Not so much for this module. So far I've only done june 2014. But that was all the way back in November as a mock exam. And jan 2010 which is meant to be the hardest one.
Reply 14
Oh god, tell me about it .... I somehow find the other topics (waves and quantum much note straightforward)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arjun24
Oh god, tell me about it .... I somehow find the other topics (waves and quantum much note straightforward)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! It's exactly the same for me. I've been doing past papers and most of my marks come from the last 3/4 questions. What's up with electricity being so difficult?!? Not looking forward to this exam (thankfully it's my last). How's your revision going?
I'm retaking this module (I'm in A2) last year I got a B and its not enough as for my uni offer I need an A overall in physics. Hate electricity. Still think this is going to be my worst exam this summer, including A2's :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lollipopsftw
I'm retaking this module (I'm in A2) last year I got a B and its not enough as for my uni offer I need an A overall in physics. Hate electricity. Still think this is going to be my worst exam this summer, including A2's :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year's exam was really hard. We did it all the way back in November as a mock at school and I managed to get 60/100 which was just an A aha. It was really difficult!
Original post by Siddhart1998
Last year's exam was really hard. We did it all the way back in November as a mock at school and I managed to get 60/100 which was just an A aha. It was really difficult!

Yeah have to say last year's paper was tough. Also as this is the final sitting of this paper its apparently going to be even harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lollipopsftw
Yeah have to say last year's paper was tough. Also as this is the final sitting of this paper its apparently going to be even harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's interesting! Then they should put on all the stuff in the exams that hasn't been used in the syllabus!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending