The Student Room Group

Meeting people from online?

Hey,

Has anyone met others from online? I have met some people from TSR and they are amazing people who I value a lot but has anyone met others from other websites? I am in need of increasing my social circle and meeting people from online seems the best idea for now. Any advice of any websites people have used etc would be helpful

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've made alot of friends from the gaming community. If you're interested in games then participating in forums and stuff is great to meet new people.
The only people I've met from online are RuneScape, Tinder and TSR. They all seemed decent.
Met a lot of people from TSR, which I think is a great way to make friends tbh. Other than that I met a few people on a website called Teenspot which has subsequently shut down :laugh:
Original post by Senpai
I've made alot of friends from the gaming community. If you're interested in games then participating in forums and stuff is great to meet new people.

I agree. I don't really play games, but one of my uni mates who wasn't really "outgoing" (well she was in a way but she never wanted to go out much but she wouldn't mind meeting other people if you know what I mean?) met a few people from gaming and now they're good mates. The gaming community is massive so yeh maybe you could find someone there?

I don't know any websites, Senpai any help?
Reply 5
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
I agree. I don't really play games, but one of my uni mates who wasn't really "outgoing" (well she was in a way but she never wanted to go out much but she wouldn't mind meeting other people if you know what I mean?) met a few people from gaming and now they're good mates. The gaming community is massive so yeh maybe you could find someone there?

I don't know any websites, Senpai any help?

Steams are pretty good place ^~^ tell me some of your interests and maybe I can help you find something?
Reply 6
I've met people from TSR, MSN, Facebook, a game, other forums, and probably some other places. The way it's always been for me is that we've had a common interest and got on well, then decided to hang out.

These days there are apps for it. For example the ones on this list: http://www.techhive.com/article/2599242/5-apps-for-making-friends-in-a-new-city.html

It might be worthwhile to do some research and try a few different places and see who you come across.
Reply 7
Original post by Valyrian
The only people I've met from online are RuneScape, Tinder and TSR. They all seemed decent.

Just curious, do you still play runescape?
Original post by Senpai

Not really into gaming, thanks for the suggestion though :smile:

Downloading Tinder so will see what it is like, thanks for the suggestion :smile:
Original post by moment of truth
Hey,

I am in need of increasing my social circle and meeting people from online seems the best idea for now. Any advice of any websites people have used etc would be helpful

Thank you :smile:

Original post by Senpai
Steams are pretty good place ^~^ tell me some of your interests and maybe I can help you find something?

Ahhh should have put it better, hmm i'm not really into gaming, just thought you could give some recommendations to moment of truth but it will be hard without knowing his interests haha. So moment of truth, we're all waiting for you :h:
Reply 10
why no gamers ;-; try MeetMe, its an app
Original post by miser
I've met people from TSR, MSN, Facebook, a game, other forums, and probably some other places. The way it's always been for me is that we've had a common interest and got on well, then decided to hang out.

These days there are apps for it. For example the ones on this list: http://www.techhive.com/article/2599242/5-apps-for-making-friends-in-a-new-city.html

It might be worthwhile to do some research and try a few different places and see who you come across.

Thank you for the article, some good suggestions there. Will download some of them and hopefully have some success :smile:

Original post by Senpai

Erm...I like sport, philosophy, religion, music, watching films. Can't think of anything else right now :redface:
Ahhh should have put it better, hmm i'm not really into gaming, just thought you could give some recommendations to moment of truth but it will be hard without knowing his interests haha. So moment of truth, we're all waiting for you :h:

Done haha :smile:
Original post by Senpai

Sometimes

Original post by moment of truth
Not really into gaming, thanks for the suggestion though :smile:

Downloading Tinder so will see what it is like, thanks for the suggestion :smile:

Tinder is weird so be careful
Original post by Senpai
why no gamers ;-; try MeetMe, its an app

What anime's do you watch? Any sports one by any chance :tongue:
Sometimes

Tinder is weird so be careful

Just noticed one of photos. You actually look like a cat in that one o_o
Original post by Senpai

My mate met his best mate on runescape and I've met him a bunch of times and he's a really good bloke . Freaking love that game though. The community was amazing, how you could form friendships that spanned years that all sparked from saying 'wc lvl?'. Runescape will always hold a special place in my heart.
Just noticed one of photos. You actually look like a cat in that one o_o

I've got that comment a lot, but what picture?
I've got that comment a lot, but what picture?

The meowwww one haha. Just saying, you're kindaa cute :awesome:
The meowwww one haha. Just saying, you're kindaa cute :awesome:

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest