wordnerd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm doing The Struggle for Identity in Modern Literature on AQA and I was wondering for the section A wider reading exam, can you use texts outside the reading list? Of course as long as they relate to the course and are in the right time frame. Thanks, much appreciated!
AnkitKapoor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I'm doing this course too :-D And yes! You are allowed to, as long as they're from the 20th century and link to identity. For example, I'm doing the Great Gatsby for class identity
wordnerd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by AnkitKapoor)
Hi I'm doing this course too :-D And yes! You are allowed to, as long as they're from the 20th century and link to identity. For example, I'm doing the Great Gatsby for class identity

Thank you!
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by wordnerd)
I'm doing The Struggle for Identity in Modern Literature on AQA and I was wondering for the section A wider reading exam, can you use texts outside the reading list? Of course as long as they relate to the course and are in the right time frame. Thanks, much appreciated!
Yes, you can. However, stick to the guidelines of themes such as race, sexuality, isolation, discrimination, religion, etc. Ask your tutor if you're allowed to study texts in translation for AS. I can't remember if you can or not. I know you can for A2 though.
stuckstudent04
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did it for coursework at AS...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (310)
55.86%
I don't have everything I need (245)
44.14%

Watched Threads