The Student Room Group

How to achieve all A*s at GCSE?

Hi, I am currently in Year 11 and preparing for the GCSE exams in May/June. If anyone can give me advice on how to achieve a full flush of all A*s, that would be greatly appreciated. In addition, do you think it is suitable to start revising properly now (February half-term).

The subjects I will be sitting are:
Maths (Edexcel)
Additional Science (AQA)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)
Religious Studies (Edexcel)
Spanish (AQA)
History (OCR)
Geography (Edexcel)
Computing (OCR).

Many thanks.
Revise from textbooks and do past papers. It all depends on the individual. Some people don't work hard and get A*s easily while some work and struggle to get Bs.
You approximately have 11 weeks left, what you need to do is spend the first 6 weeks learning everything, you can do this by reading the textbooks over and over again, or making flash cards etc... Then what you have to do is spend the last 5 weeks mastering the past papers. You can do it if you really want to. The more you put in now, the more you'll get out later,
It's not that getting an a* in each individual subject is difficult as such, but It's just hard to do consistently outstanding in all subjects and exams at once. So utilise your time well for every subject. Don't leave any holes in your revision: learn everything. Make sure you understand everything and are not just remembering it. Learn things well enough to the point where you can explain it. Practice how to do exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest