Turn on thread page Beta

Most serious/icky disease/injury you've had watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    chest, again, thanks for pointing out the typo.
    Damn, I was rooting for yeast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Damn, I was rooting for yeast
    I do not have a problem with yeast, all of mine are completely harmless due to my strict code of practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Yes

I was so embarrassed I didn't tell anyone and got rid of them very slowly through simply not re-infecting myself with the eggs.
    nasty- supposedly if you get a bowl of warm milk and breath in the fumes the worms will smell it and come crawling up to eat it. then you can wind them out on a pencil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    My god. Maybe you should invest in some sort of plexyglass/plastic balls people get for rodents
    That would be fun, I can see myself rolling down the street ... Although I'd no doubt manage to mess it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    That would be fun, I can see myself rolling down the street ... Although I'd no doubt manage to mess it up!
    they do that in New Zealand- down mountainsides

ReputationRep:
    Oh I almost forgot, I've chipped one of my teeth by accidentally running into someone... I now have a sort of dent in it, and it's one of my front teeth too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    they do that in New Zealand- down mountainsides
    I'm sure they do it England in some places too. They go rolling down hills for fun in huge inflatable balls... I think I might try it one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I'm sure they do it England in some places too. They go rolling down hills for fun in huge inflatable balls... I think I might try it one day
    can I watch- and laugh? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    can I watch- and laugh? :rolleyes:
    You may Although I doubt I'll ever go through with it! I'd be too scared that something would go wrong, what with the amount of stuff I've done so far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    You may Although I doubt I'll ever go through with it! I'd be too scared that something would go wrong, what with the amount of stuff I've done so far...
    I will bring cookies if you do

ReputationRep:
    I will bring cookies if you do
    Now there's an offer I can't refuse!

ReputationRep:
    they thought i had a disease and i was supposed to die in 2 weeks...i only had an eye infection...aged 6
    sliced a chunk of my finger in a car door when i was about 7
    tonsils and adenoids out at like 8, man did that hurt!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I had a chest infection twice, and mild food poisoning

ReputationRep:
    O yes a while ago me and some friends where having a ping pong war (hitting the ball each other while the paddle) (i know, we are pretty bad :rolleyes: ) and i ducked an smashed my chin right on the corner. It wass bleeding for like half an hour, but i didnt need stiches or anything. Still got the scar though!

ReputationRep:
    You never thought that glue guns were that dangerous, when I was in year 6 i was cleaning up the glue gun table when this guy grabbed my hand and pushed it into some glue. I went to hit him and lifted my hand up and the board and glue gun lifted up with it. The glue gun fell on my foot and broke 2 toes and stuck my foot to the floor. And the glue I had my hand on burnt me so badly I had to have skin grafts because all that was left was bone underneath...yukky

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...when i was about 5 i was running through the dining room, despite being told not to run, and fell over, hit the chair leg, which resulted me banging my front tooth right up into my gum... :eek: so i had 2 go and have it taken out.
    Erm, then when i was about 11, I was taken into hospital cos i got a funny and weird heart - it just goes a bit weird sumtimes, difficult 2 explain, but they dont know what it is...so they seem to have just ignored it lol. and i also had meningitus scare...and now i just gettin over sum kind of kidney infection. :cool:

Nothing too serious though thank god xx

ReputationRep:
    Lets dip into my hospital record (it's quite big, i'll tell you that much). I got food poisening one holiday and spent all of it throwing up. I've broken my arms on four seperate occasions (both of them at one point). And i nearly had something wrong with my kidneys (can't remember too much of that).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~U~Teedy~U~)
    Title says it all, as normal: what's the most horrific injury/disease you've suffered from? ...STDs anyone? :

Broken ribs was abouy my worst....I got trampled on by my horse. (NOT her fault though)
    Couldnt breathe & it hurt for yonks!

ReputationRep:
    mononucleosis.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Are you HIV+? Had a transplant..?
    Shingles in a 10 year old is NOT normal
    J
    Don't be rediculous - I had chicken pox as a baby - of course if I got run down or came into contact with the virus again it would show as shingles.

I was lucky and didn't get it on my upper body at all - only on my right leg/bum. Another girl at my school had it (at 8 ) on her face which is apparantly more common.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.