The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

riffraff
nasty- supposedly if you get a bowl of warm milk and breath in the fumes the worms will smell it and come crawling up to eat it. then you can wind them out on a pencil

That's with tape worm - and most people wont have more than one of them.

Threadworms are the most common type of worms - andthey're pretty much harmless unless having an itchy bum is considered harmful. They're easy to get rid of with medicine + hygeine but if you don't like the idea of emdicine you can get rid of them simply through taking extra hygiene measures for 6 weeks (this is what's recommended for pregnant women).
Reply 101
Pencil Queen
That's with tape worm - and most people wont have more than one of them.

Threadworms are the most common type of worms - andthey're pretty much harmless unless having an itchy bum is considered harmful. They're easy to get rid of with medicine + hygeine but if you don't like the idea of emdicine you can get rid of them simply through taking extra hygiene measures for 6 weeks (this is what's recommended for pregnant women).
Extra hygiene measures?? Such as???
Amb1
Extra hygiene measures?? Such as???

* Keep nails cut short
* Wear pyjamas or pants in bed
* Have a bath each morning, making sure the bottom is thoroughly washed
* Don't share towels
* Change and wash underwear and pyjamas daily
* Wash hands and scrub nails after each visit to the toilet
* Wash hands and scrub nails before each meal
* Disinfect toilet seat, toilet handle, and door handle regularly
* Damp dust and vacuum clean bedrooms daily.

I did this and not one member of my family got infected from me...and it cleared up the infection the I had.
I've never had any icky injuries (never been in hospital unless you count visiting and being born). But my bf has been spectacularly accident-prone. His worst injuries yet:

Getting hit in the eye with a golf club and needing stitches. In his eye.

Doing something weird with a bike and losing a chunk of his leg. He rolled his trousers up and bits of flesh fell out. He could see the bone and muscle.

Luckily, I didn't know him at this point. I feel very sorry for his poor mother who has had to deal with these things. I just have to deal with looking at the scars, and I can barely cope with that...
To be honest, i've been rather free of major injury.
Possibly an iinflamation of the heart, or a large gash on the lip have been my worse.

Latest

Trending

Trending