Andrew657Thomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've just received my offer for ''Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training.

Here's my question... On the UCAS website it states this... (understand assessment info. Applicants are required to undertake a GAPAN aptitude test at RAF Cranwell and attain a score of 100. Please note there will be a charge of £155.00 payable by you for the test. Also in order to guarantee an aptitude test slot before the course commences you will need to book before July 31st 2014
  • All UK applicants are assessed
  • Applicants are assessed where they offer non-standard qualifications
  • Mature applicants are usually assessed
  • Any applicant may request an assessment
  • A proportion of candidates is assessed

But there's no mention of this test on my offer letter (unconditional I'm on my gap year) and no mention of it on the University website?
Bucks New University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Andrew657Thomas! You will need to undertake your GAPAN assessment at some point during your first year, as without taking this test you won't be able to progress onto the Commercial Pilot Flight Training that commences in the second year.

The first year will be dedicated to the academic modules and getting your Private Pilots Licence, so your tutors will advise you during your first year about gaining your GAPAN. This is why it isn't mentioned in your offer letter.

If you want any further details, please email [email protected] and we can happily send you the brochure for the course. Alternatively, you read it now by clicking here as it contains a really useful FAQ.

Bucks New University
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University