He didn't ask me on a date for Valentines

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
1. He already went off onto one about not needing a day to prove he has feelings for someone.
2. I wasn't expecting anything.
3. He's not my boyfriend
4. If he was my boyfriend and ticked every box it wouldn't bother me if we didn't do anything.

My friend just asked if he took me anywhere and says if he is trying to make an impression then he should have made an effort, especially as its early days. I've never received a card, a gift or been taken out for Valentines day and I have never thought it meant the person I was seeing at the time wasn't interested. Of course it would be nice to do something, but I think its more for when I'm in a relationship.

What are your thoughts?
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not really too sure what you mean?

You aren't together, and he might just be shy which is why he didn't take you out?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AdamCee)
I'm not really too sure what you mean?

You aren't together, and he might just be shy which is why he didn't take you out?
Oh sugar, my post makes zero sense. I mean my friends says the guy I'm dating should have made an effort for valentines day, to show he likes me..
Golland19
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you are "seeing each other" then please be assured he took someone on a date and maybe it's a little more casual than you may think

Posted from TSR Mobile
SquareBrackets
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Taylor Swift didn't ask me out either. So pissed off.
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh sugar, my post makes zero sense. I mean my friends says the guy I'm dating should have made an effort for valentines day, to show he likes me..
Ah I see.
Well... He did say about how he doesn't need one day to prove his love etc, I know a few people with a similar mentality. Did you drop any hints for/against Valentines?

Or maybe he was just a bit nervy? Personally I wouldn't think much of it tbh... Assuming he was making effort in general?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SquareBrackets)
Taylor Swift didn't ask me out either. So pissed off.
She's not into asian dudes with cheap audis....

Posted from TSR Mobile
catsis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But he's not your boyfriend. And it's early days, why would he take you out? Isn't it too much too soon?
It's a day about 'love', he doesn't love you. He probably doesn't know if he really likes you or just likes you.

Give it time.
SquareBrackets
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elhm1800)
She's not into asian dudes with cheap audis....

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're too stupid to even get my post lol

Such a keyboard warrior.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by catsis)
But he's not your boyfriend. And it's early days, why would he take you out? Isn't it too much too soon?
It's a day about 'love', he doesn't love you. He probably doesn't know if he really likes you or just likes you.

Give it time.
Thanks that what I said to my friend. My friend seemed to make a big issue about it and got me thinking.
Anonymous #1
Ah I see.
Well... He did say about how he doesn't need one day to prove his love etc, I know a few people with a similar mentality. Did you drop any hints for/against Valentines?

Or maybe he was just a bit nervy? Personally I wouldn't think much of it tbh... Assuming he was making effort in general?
Nope, I just joked about going to see 50 shades of grey with him on Valentines day. He makes an effort when we go on dates, if he didn't then I'd have a problem. My friend kept making it into an issue of it and got me thinking.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Golland19)
If you are "seeing each other" then please be assured he took someone on a date and maybe it's a little more casual than you may think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks young man. Maybe just maybe, or maybe some people don't celebrate Valentine's day.. just a thought.
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nope, I just joked about going to see 50 shades of grey with him on Valentines day. He makes an effort when we go on dates, if he didn't then I'd have a problem. My friend kept making it into an issue of it and got me thinking.
Tbh I think your friend is creating unnecessary drama. As long as he's making a reasonable effort generally, there shouldn't be a problem imo.

But if it really is troubling you, bring it up with him?
Anonymous #1
Tbh I think your friend is creating unnecessary drama. As long as he's making a reasonable effort generally, there shouldn't be a problem imo.

But if it really is troubling you, bring it up with him?
Yeah I've done that he took the hint and changed the subject
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Went out on Valentine's day with the GF and some friends. Had a great ight out and was disturbed to see so
Many miserable looking couples going through the motions.

Valentine's is marketing gimmick.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Went out on Valentine's day with the GF and some friends. Had a great ight out and was disturbed to see so
Many miserable looking couples going through the motions.

Valentine's is marketing gimmick.
That sucks. Unfortunately I witnessed a friend of mine out for valentines day with her husband and I wanted to kidnap her. She too looked so miserable
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That sucks. Unfortunately I witnessed a friend of mine out for valentines day with her husband and I wanted to kidnap her. She too looked so miserable
I'm saying valentines day is for people's with no imiagination.
Rimmie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1. He already went off onto one about not needing a day to prove he has feelings for someone.
2. I wasn't expecting anything.
3. He's not my boyfriend
4. If he was my boyfriend and ticked every box it wouldn't bother me if we didn't do anything.

My friend just asked if he took me anywhere and says if he is trying to make an impression then he should have made an effort, especially as its early days. I've never received a card, a gift or been taken out for Valentines day and I have never thought it meant the person I was seeing at the time wasn't interested. Of course it would be nice to do something, but I think its more for when I'm in a relationship.

What are your thoughts?
Going out on valentines day is a a lot of pressure! You're surrounded by all of these supposedly in love couples and if you're in the early days of a relationship it can feel a bit much.
Basically, I agree that valentines is more for couples and it doesn't mean he isn't interested if he didn't buy you a card etc
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rimmie)
Going out on valentines day is a a lot of pressure! You're surrounded by all of these supposedly in love couples and if you're in the early days of a relationship it can feel a bit much.
Basically, I agree that valentines is more for couples and it doesn't mean he isn't interested if he didn't buy you a card etc
Haha I hear you, thanks for your response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads