95% in AS LEVEL Advice? Watch

Acrux
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What will i have to do for the next two months to get 95% across these as levels:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics

Stressting out here!
Acrux
Rep:
?
Bump
unfathomablee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exam Boards?
H0PEL3SS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Learn all the content. Then use past papers. Lots and lots of past papers.
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As above. It'll also help if you can find someone who wants to do just as well as you. That way, you can explain areas to one another in a different way to your teachers, and when you run out of past paper questions you can create your own to answer in the same format.
I also advise that you invest in revision guides, as these will be yet another explanation for the problem areas, and will also provide you with more practise questions.
Most importantly, make sure you give yourself time to complete this. It is equally important to have time off, though, allowing ideas to sink in between revision sessions and allowing your mind to wander so that you can test yourself when you come back to revision.

I believe that anyone can get 100% if they memorise all course content and practise enough. I see grades at each stage of education as a measure of that person's commitment to the subject they studied.

..So on that basis, why not aim for 100% Then you won't be disappointed when you get 99%
Acrux
Rep:
?
bump
aranlong
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For Maths, FM and Physics don't waste time making revision notes initially, they are basically worthless. Spend as much time as possible practising the actually material you will be assessed on i.e. Past Papers and ISA's. If you find a topic you are really stuck on then focus on these questions in the textbook. If you still cant crack them on your own then check out examsolutions, hegartymaths and s-cool for maths and physics.

Now is the time to make notes, but make them concise and only make them on topics you are performing poorly in. Refer to these when you get stuck on practice questions from the text book but not when you are completing past papers. With past papers you should never cheat by looking at the mark scheme midway through or looking at revision notes. Use them only to assess your performance at the time, not to trick yourself into thinking you're performing better than you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads