Sonia101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried hair vitamins and if so did they work? Not sure if I should give them a go or not
thanks
Blue Mizu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Sonia,

I have never used hair vitamins, but have used a hair treatment call Rene Furterer serum, and you could see the results after about 3-4 weeks.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Vitamins in your diet can promote healthy hair growth. Conversely a lack of certain vitamins can cause problems such as hair loss or weak hair. Vitamins in shampoo are a waste of time unless you drink the shampoo.
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes they do work

but only in combination with other things

so you need to take

vitamin c - pureway c
lysine
proline
silica - flora silica

all in combination

taurine, in combination with
zinc

vitamin D, k2, and vitamin A, together

perhaps a b complex, better than biotin alone. the best is Thorne #12 complex
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sonia101)
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried hair vitamins and if so did they work? Not sure if I should give them a go or not
thanks
yes
LUXURIA
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been taking Holland and Barrett's skin, hair and nail vitamins for the past four months. The box recommended 3 caplets daily, but I took only 2, as I noticed that it has crazy amounts of biotin and I didn't want to experience any side effects or anything. It worked really well for me - I noticed significant hair growth, especially over the first month of use; even though my hair was elbow-length to begin with. It also gives the appearance of thicker hair, as it reduces hair loss. I've also been using a dead sea mineral shampoo (without sulfates or parabens) to prevent drying out my scalp. I would highly recommend that combination of treatments. Oh, and if you want to grow hair faster, I hear that the inversion method works well for a lot of people!
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you aim for hair growth or better hair quality?

Before taking any vitamins, you should most definitely take a blood test -the root of your issue may be completely irrelevant from a vitamin deficiency!
lktaior
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sonia101)
thanks
Hello,
Either having artificial hair vitamins better you eat green vegetable daily and fish twice in week. It is best natural hair vitamin sources.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.7%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.77%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (20)
16.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.2%

Watched Threads