Awais A
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do you have any tips of getting rid of depression I'm depressed because I keep on telling myself I should have started revision last month I also got DDEE in my AS levels because of no revision I've been averaging A*AA in my subjects atm but still not putting in enough effort and I have alot of resits for the summer so I have 7 A2 and 5 AS exams and there's 3-4 months left before my exams do you have any advice and also i've started to revise
H0PEL3SS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go to a doctor. Talk to a close friend. Find a more relaxing way to revise i.e. use music if it helps you focus on the work.
tim_kingwizard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've also dealt with periods of depression over the past year and half,due to having to change schools. The only advice i can give you is try and be out of the house as much as possible,take up a sport or some sort of physical activity,not only will it keep you busy,it will also keep your mind alert,which is good for revision. Or listen to music,that always helps me.
Awais A
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice but the only reason i'm depressed is because I keep on thinking that I don't have enough time to revise for my exams even though my parents keep on telling me 3 months is plenty of time if I use it effectively but I still don't listen to them.
Blind Ferret
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't just throw about words, You might just feel down or you're anxious that you should have started sooner.

Which is nonsense, you're mentally producing a problem when all you have to do is revise. The time period isn't as important as the quality of how you revise it. You're supposed to take time out.
0range
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really do not think you are depressed OP, if you want to make sure then go speak to your GP. Depression is not the same as feeling upset or anxious.
Awais A
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blind Ferret)
Don't just throw about words, You might just feel down or you're anxious that you should have started sooner.

Which is nonsense, you're mentally producing a problem when all you have to do is revise. The time period isn't as important as the quality of how you revise it. You're supposed to take time out.
Thanks for the advice I guess you're right but I get anxious when I see that other people have started soo early. I've been sad for soo long about my AS results even though I'm doing much better now. Also the fact that im doing AS and A2 bio and chem and A2 maths because of last year makes me more sad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.5%
No (269)
33.5%

Watched Threads