Explain how the Egyptians were white?

Watch this thread
Rugar Rell
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If we look at evolution its clear life started in Africa and its safe to say black people were the first humans. Now Im no expert but isnt the theory basically that blacks migrated to colder parts where
lower levels of vitamin D at higher latitudes and where the sun is less intense caused the lightening effect when modern humans, who began darker-skinned, first migrated north.

So lets say this was the case

Egypt is in Africa very very hot country like all of Africa, why does this theory still stand then? Unless they migrated, turned white and went back to Africa? Explain please as I dont see the logic.
Posted from TSR Mobile
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'd say their skin tone would be the same of those living in the middle east hieroglyphs don't depict them as bing white but more... Tanned. If it's anything, I'd go with that Aand it's possible that the first humans were more of that skin colour rather than just black
Rugar Rell
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
I'd say their skin tone would be the same of those living in the middle east hieroglyphs don't depict them as bing white but more... Tanned. If it's anything, I'd go with that Aand it's possible that the first humans were more of that skin colour rather than just black
Thats a new one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I don't know what they actually were (it's a bit controversial, apparently), but Egypt is North Africa so it's perfectly feasible that there was migration from Europe.

However, it's more likely they were mainly indigenous North Africans - not black, but not white, more like Algerians or Tunisians, with some influence from Turkey, Greece, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient...ce_controversy
Inglisred
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rugar Rell)
If we look at evolution its clear life started in Africa and its safe to say black people were the first humans. Now Im no expert but isnt the theory basically that blacks migrated to colder parts where
lower levels of vitamin D at higher latitudes and where the sun is less intense caused the lightening effect when modern humans, who began darker-skinned, first migrated north.

So lets say this was the case

Egypt is in Africa very very hot country like all of Africa, why does this theory still stand then? Unless they migrated, turned white and went back to Africa? Explain please as I dont see the logic.
Posted from TSR Mobile
European migration. At least that's what my Egyptian friend told me...
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Egypt would have been cold in the ice age
username1504459
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
They most certainly weren't white. Just look at how they represent themselves on their frescoes and how they represent Berbers and Asiatics. Egyptians have brown/red skin and the last two have white skin.
But I believe they were black but mixed with something else. Or they looked like the Africans who currently live in the Horn of Africa.
Cleopatra was white however since she was mostly of Greek descent.
I saw a documentary very recently that used black and Arab actors to depict Ancient Egyptians. It was cool.
Hal.E.Lujah
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Wow,

Such White

Many Pearlescent

/Thread
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It would be interesting to do some DNA analysis of what the origins of ancestors of people in different countries. I expect Egyptians have ancestors from all over the place including Europe, Asia as well as Africa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads