URGENT! Help with AS Level Chinese History

Watch
I'm The Real MVP
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm really struggling here. Mock exams are in one week and I don't really understand the course ( Edexcel Unit 1 Option D: A World Divided: Communism and Democracy in the 20th Century) at all. I've been trying to look online for anything that can help me but this topic on China is the most obscure one that the school could have picked! :banghead:
If anyone has anything at all that you think could help me (i.e. anything on China from 1900 through to 1976) I would be seriously grateful!
valkyrie-grey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I don't do this topic but I've started reading up on Chinese history in my spare time. In relation to your question, I Googled 'communism and democracy in China 20th century' and various links came up in relation to the Communist Party, the People's Republic and Chairman Mao. Sorry I can't link them because I'm on my phone :/ An interesting perspective on China during this time can be found in Wild Swans by Jung Chang and a book called Tombstone. They're fairly big reads but worth a shot if you have time before your 'proper' exams Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
I'm The Real MVP
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by valkyrie-grey)
Hi! I don't do this topic but I've started reading up on Chinese history in my spare time. In relation to your question, I Googled 'communism and democracy in China 20th century' and various links came up in relation to the Communist Party, the People's Republic and Chairman Mao. Sorry I can't link them because I'm on my phone :/ An interesting perspective on China during this time can be found in Wild Swans by Jung Chang and a book called Tombstone. They're fairly big reads but worth a shot if you have time before your 'proper' exams Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Thanks for this! I'll see if I can get hold of these and find some time to read them too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (74)
63.79%
I don't have everything I need (42)
36.21%

Watched Threads