l'insegnante
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone Image,

Since there doesn't seem to be many members who do CCEA exams or many threads made about them (ones that are are rarely answered). I thought I'd make a thread specifically for CCEA History GCSE and A-Level.
Since there aren't many who do CCEA History at any level on this forum it makes sense to group everyone together in one thread where everyone can help eachother out.

I've only done A-Level CCEA History (OCR GCSE) however, I will help out as much as I can with GCSE questions.
caitlinmis3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm currently studying CCEA AS History, struggling with exam technique on 35 mark questions The topic is germany 1918-45
jcumiskey99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GCSE history CCEA 2016 predictions anyone?
illmatics
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jcumiskey99)
GCSE history CCEA 2016 predictions anyone?
It's a brand new specification so it's hard to predict what's coming up (unless you're in year 11 then you can probably cross out whatever came up on last years papers). If you're doing the Cold War paper like me then this is the first year of this new paper so I think its practically impossible to logically predict what's going to come up as old papers probably won't have any effect on the choice of this years questions. Although one thing thats different about the paper that we are sitting is the essay questions are going to be more broad than that of previous Cold War papers which is helpful!
afdah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, also doing CCEA History on Cold War x.x
the new paper and lack of helpful bulletpoints is going to be quite different, tbh
As for the predictions, illmatics is right - but my teacher spoke of the end of the Cold War not often appearing on papers [ unless its a source] as it is a small section of the overall course in the revision booklet
afdah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Double posting because this is what stress leads to

any of you stressing out or prioritizing some topics over others ?
ExamBuddy101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caitlinmis3)
I'm currently studying CCEA AS History, struggling with exam technique on 35 mark questions The topic is germany 1918-45
Hi Caitlin, i done this paper last year and got 98/100 uniform marks hopefully i can help. Let's use last year's 35 marker as an example. So. The factor in the question (which was 'Christian churches mounted the most effective opposition to Nazism') is the tip of the iceberg really. So you do your introduction, short and concise, and then start your essay with Christian Church opposition to Nazism as the first paragraph. You talk through how the churches mountef opposition and also use the sources. Now you dont just use the sources anytime. You use it to backup a point, for example, "Pastor Martin Niemoller done this ... , which is clearly demonstrated in source X as he says.." And then quote. On the other hand, it can be used to introdixe knowledge. So take a new paragraph and then, for example, say "John says in source Z that youth groups .." And then say "this was evident when some members of the Hitler Jügend formed rival groups such as the Edelweiss Pirates in thos year." Then when you've a good paragraph on young people, move onto the army elites or whatever. The key here really is to have a tood bank of knowledge and facts (i tjink 20 marks for ot) but ALSO using all the sources and linking back to the question throughout (15 marks). So basically you need to write about the youth or army or whatever, integrate the source where you can and then a few timea on each paragraph, link back and say "due to the fact 700 priests were imprisoned, including Pastor Niemoller, then this shows that clearly the Nazis feared the impact the church could have on them, thus showing they were a successful form of opposition." But in another question, say the elites who tried to kill Hitler like 6 times, e.g. 20th July Plot, "however, this demonstrates that army opposition was more severe than church opposition as they tried to actually kill Hitler on numerous occasions, etc." Your links need to be slightly more substantiated than that and also don't make it look like you are following a formula. Practice some timed essays today also and do a conclusion at the end summarising everything and say whivh is the most important and why. Hope this helps - best of luck!
jcumiskey99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any ideas for the cold war paper tomorrow anyone?
afdah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
jcumiskey99, a teacher predicted the korean war coming up for the essay question ;-;
what time is your paper at ?
22scott11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1:30
afdah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 22scott11)
1:30
how did you find it ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (25)
27.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
10%
No I am happy with my choice (50)
55.56%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.67%

Watched Threads