The Student Room Group

Medway School of Pharmacy here to help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

If you ever would like any information, please DM me for my e-mail address and we can assist you with queries,
If you would like to speak to a student about anything, please let me know. I can get this arranged.

Once again, congratulations! We shall see you in September!:congrats:

Sammi :smile::smile:

Thanks so much!! Over the moon!!! I just had one question, I have to get ABB on results day to be accepted, what's the lowest you can get? Example if you get ABC or something like that, can you still be allowed on the course?
Original post by Sekaibxo
Thanks so much!! Over the moon!!! I just had one question, I have to get ABB on results day to be accepted, what's the lowest you can get? Example if you get ABC or something like that, can you still be allowed on the course?

Everyone is assessed on an individual basis, so unfortunately, I don't have a specific answer to this question.

The best person to talk to would be Debby Dixon. Her e-mail is [email protected]

Best wishes,

Sammi
Hi I have an interview coming up in a few days and i was wondering what is the value based recruitment test, do you have to prepare for this, if so how do you prepare for this?
Original post by imranahmed
Hi I have an interview coming up in a few days and i was wondering what is the value based recruitment test, do you have to prepare for this, if so how do you prepare for this?

Hi,

I do not believe there is much you can do to prepare for the Values Based questions.

I am quoting this direct from our website:

"Medway School of Pharmacy selects their applicants using ‘Values Based Recruitment (VBR)’. As part of the original interview process for MPharm applicants, there is now an additional test in the aim of selecting the correct students “on the basis that their individual values and behaviours align with the values of the NHS Constitution” (Health Education England, 2014)

These values show:

Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity.

Commitment to quality of care and patient safety.

The ability to work in varied work environments.

The ability to work within a team.

Commitment to improving lives.

For further information, please refer to the Values Based Recruitment Framework and NHS Constitution"

Good luck!

Sammi
Hi,

I do not believe there is much you can do to prepare for the Values Based questions.

"Medway School of Pharmacy selects their applicants using ‘Values Based Recruitment (VBR)’. As part of the original interview process for MPharm applicants, there is now an additional test in the aim of selecting the correct students “on the basis that their individual values and behaviours align with the values of the NHS Constitution” (Health Education England, 2014)

These values show:

For further information, please refer to the Values Based Recruitment Framework and NHS Constitution"

Good luck!

Sammi

Thank you
Reply 85
Hi,

These values show:

Good luck!

Sammi

Hi,
Is there any chance you could reply to my private message?
Original post by Esteta
Hi,
Is there any chance you could reply to my private message?

Good morning,

Did you receive our reply?

Regards,

S
Reply 87
Good Afternoon,
I am joining first year Pharmacy starting on 1 Sep. What materials, text books ..etc. would you suggest to read in the meantime ?

Thanks

Zozy
Reply 88
What is the 2nd year timetable like? Even more packed than 1st year?
Original post by Zozy
Good Afternoon,
I am joining first year Pharmacy starting on 1 Sep. What materials, text books ..etc. would you suggest to read in the meantime ?

Thanks

Zozy

Good morning,

The module guides for your first year can be found here. You will be studying PHAM1003, PHAM1004, PHAM1005 and PHAM1054, reading lists and materials will be located in these documents.

I hope this helps,

Sammi
Original post by Ankita.d
What is the 2nd year timetable like? Even more packed than 1st year?

Hello,

Timetables have not been released yet. However, you must expect a full timetable of Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00 with the exception of Wednesday afternoons.

Regards,

Sammi
do 2nd years stay in the same teaching groups that they were in year 1? or do we change groups?
Reply 92
why are pharmacy students not eligible for aspire Greenwich bursaries? This is a very intense course requiring many core textbooks for each of the modules. Also a lot of stationary is utilised due to the heavy workload. Therefore students at the school of pharmacy should be eligible for the bursary to help relieve some of the financial stress.
Original post by aankita.d
do 2nd years stay in the same teaching groups that they were in year 1? or do we change groups?

We do try to keep you in the same teaching groups yes.
Original post by asmafx
why are pharmacy students not eligible for aspire Greenwich bursaries? This is a very intense course requiring many core textbooks for each of the modules. Also a lot of stationary is utilised due to the heavy workload. Therefore students at the school of pharmacy should be eligible for the bursary to help relieve some of the financial stress.

This is currently under investigation by our Director of Learning and Teaching (DoLT). If and hopefully WHEN this changes, he will be in contact with all students.
Dr Stephen Kelly, our new DoLT is trying to restrict the number of core text books to help reduce costs.

I hope this helps,

Sammi
I had a few question about Pharmacy.1) What do you need to show in your personal statement?2) Do you need any work experiences?3) What university would you recommend to study pharmacy?4) What grades do you need for pharmacy to get an offer? Thanks !
whens freshers week
Original post by shake12345
I had a few question about Pharmacy.1) What do you need to show in your personal statement?2) Do you need any work experiences?3) What university would you recommend to study pharmacy?4) What grades do you need for pharmacy to get an offer? Thanks !

That pharmacy is a passion of yours. That you have made any work experience you've done relevant to why you would be good at pharmacy. Yes of course as with everything these days work experience gives you an edge. Google the top 20 pharmacy schools and there you go. Anything between CCC-AAB :smile:
hey, i'm supposed to be starting next week monday but i still haven't received any emails giving me my portal details hence i can't get my accommodation. I sent my fee assessment sheet about a week and bit ago but i still haven't got any replies - will still be able to go to the uni or is it too late to get these things sorted out
Original post by Internetz
whens freshers week

This begins Monday 19th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending