Cosmocos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone,

AS's diet go so well, A in French, B in physics , biology, and maths and a D in chemsitry.
I more or less started school in January so I guess that gives me some leeway as to last year.
This year though I am looking to do much better and hopefully achieve my predicted grades of A*AAAB
With A* in biology and B in Physics.

I am plannig to retake the whole of chemistry but I have been told that I would also have to redo the AS coursework, I don't mind but I'd just like to confirm. I wasn't advised to continue with 5A2s but it's too late to change my mind now.

I reslised that I can't keep switching from subject to subject and when I revise, I tend to stick to a subject for 2-3 weeks before even taking care of the other ones, I used to be really bad at chemsitry just a month ago ( E's in my mocks , but I'm achieving an average of 50/60 right now (with OCR) I'm finding chemistry repetive and easy to deal with right now.

It's the same with Maths where a few past papers could help boost my grade.

However, I am very very concerned with biology, what used to be my strongest subject is now my kryptonite. I don't even know where to start. I feel as though the approaches to chemistry and maths won't work with biology and I haven't even started the second unit (also OCR).

To sum it up, how can I juggle these a levels while making biology my priority to get an A*? Should io just quickly skim through a revision guide and try and not down key stuff on the spec and then go straight to past papers? Will this method help me be ready for the unexpected questions that come up in unusual contexts?

Any advice on tackling this would be much appreciated

Thanks
Awais A
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cosmocos)
Hey everyone,

AS's diet go so well, A in French, B in physics , biology, and maths and a D in chemsitry.
I more or less started school in January so I guess that gives me some leeway as to last year.
This year though I am looking to do much better and hopefully achieve my predicted grades of A*AAAB
With A* in biology and B in Physics.

I am plannig to retake the whole of chemistry but I have been told that I would also have to redo the AS coursework, I don't mind but I'd just like to confirm. I wasn't advised to continue with 5A2s but it's too late to change my mind now.

I reslised that I can't keep switching from subject to subject and when I revise, I tend to stick to a subject for 2-3 weeks before even taking care of the other ones, I used to be really bad at chemsitry just a month ago ( E's in my mocks , but I'm achieving an average of 50/60 right now (with OCR) I'm finding chemistry repetive and easy to deal with right now.

It's the same with Maths where a few past papers could help boost my grade.

However, I am very very concerned with biology, what used to be my strongest subject is now my kryptonite. I don't even know where to start. I feel as though the approaches to chemistry and maths won't work with biology and I haven't even started the second unit (also OCR).

To sum it up, how can I juggle these a levels while making biology my priority to get an A*? Should io just quickly skim through a revision guide and try and not down key stuff on the spec and then go straight to past papers? Will this method help me be ready for the unexpected questions that come up in unusual contexts?

Any advice on tackling this would be much appreciated

Thanks
Prioritize the ones that will take the longest to learn and do lost of past papers ect some people say A2 is harder but im doing the sciences and maths and I find A2 easier than AS just because after AS you're pretty much used to the level of study.
Cosmocos
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Awais A)
Prioritize the ones that will take the longest to learn and do lost of past papers ect some people say A2 is harder but im doing the sciences and maths and I find A2 easier than AS just because after AS you're pretty much used to the level of study.
How are you preparing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.49%
No - I have already returned home (21)
12.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25%

Watched Threads