AS Level History + Mock Exam Carnage - Whaaaat!!

Watch
jamescorbett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, I have mock exams coming up next week. Admittedly, I have only started to properly revise last week due to coursework requirements and previously having a part time job (which I left about a month ago). I'm taking English Language, History, Sociology, Media Studies - so not the most difficult options. I think english and media are now perfectly possible for me, the revision hasn't been too difficult.

HISTORY IS BAFFLING ME! Seriously, I've been told by the Germany section teacher that the Weimar Republic and Counsellors should be a specific focus. I have good note booklets that they handed out to review all the information, yet I look at a past exam paper and I feel lost. It's really stressing me out, and I'm still yet to look at Russia. History is my main problem though at the moment, I do struggle to take in the information. I did get an A at GCSE, so I feel it shows I should be able to give it a go, and I mean I have a prediction of a B for all my subjects - which seems desirable, but I'm least confident for History currently.

Does anybody feel like they're in a similar position? Is there any way to more successfully revise? And I suppose, if the mock goes bad, how can you over this?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jamescorbett)
Okay, I have mock exams coming up next week. Admittedly, I have only started to properly revise last week due to coursework requirements and previously having a part time job (which I left about a month ago). I'm taking English Language, History, Sociology, Media Studies - so not the most difficult options. I think english and media are now perfectly possible for me, the revision hasn't been too difficult.

HISTORY IS BAFFLING ME! Seriously, I've been told by the Germany section teacher that the Weimar Republic and Counsellors should be a specific focus. I have good note booklets that they handed out to review all the information, yet I look at a past exam paper and I feel lost. It's really stressing me out, and I'm still yet to look at Russia. History is my main problem though at the moment, I do struggle to take in the information. I did get an A at GCSE, so I feel it shows I should be able to give it a go, and I mean I have a prediction of a B for all my subjects - which seems desirable, but I'm least confident for History currently.

Does anybody feel like they're in a similar position? Is there any way to more successfully revise? And I suppose, if the mock goes bad, how can you over this?
Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (40)
22.73%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (86)
48.86%
I'm unsure (50)
28.41%

Watched Threads