heyyhannaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm starting my GCSEs soon and I'm a bit confused/have a few questions

How long do your GCSEs last? (How long does exam week last?)

When I went on the AQA website and looked at maths past papers, I saw there were different units. Eg one paper for algebra etc. Does this mean that I will have numerous maths exams for GCSE?

Also, can I do dentistry with double science, and which grades to I need in all subjects for dentistry

Thank you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lau14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by heyyhannaa)
I'm starting my GCSEs soon and I'm a bit confused/have a few questions

How long do your GCSEs last? (How long does exam week last?)

When I went on the AQA website and looked at maths past papers, I saw there were different units. Eg one paper for algebra etc. Does this mean that I will have numerous maths exams for GCSE?

Also, can I do dentistry with double science, and which grades to I need in all subjects for dentistry

Thank you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long your actual exams are spread over varies, but it can be about a month.

Ask your teachers - how many exams you will have to sit depends on which syllabus you will be studying, and they will be able to tell you which syllabus and how many exams you will sit. You'll likely have more than one for subjects like English, Maths and Science, and some others.

Yes, you can do dentistry with double science if you will be accepted onto the relevant A level courses with double science (which I think they should do). GCSE requirements vary, look them up here or on individual uni websites There will also be information on which subjects you need, but in general it appears to be Chemistry and Biology.
heyyhannaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lau14)
How long your actual exams are spread over varies, but it can be about a month.

Ask your teachers - how many exams you will have to sit depends on which syllabus you will be studying, and they will be able to tell you which syllabus and how many exams you will sit. You'll likely have more than one for subjects like English, Maths and Science, and some others.

Yes, you can do dentistry with double science if you will be accepted onto the relevant A level courses with double science (which I think they should do). GCSE requirements vary, look them up here or on individual uni websites There will also be information on which subjects you need, but in general it appears to be Chemistry and Biology.
Thank you I know my exam board is AQA. Have you done your GCSEs? And if so how long did all the exams take to finish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BeccyForeman
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also doing my GCSE's this summer & for me my GCSE's start on the 12th of May (French AND Biology - lucky moi...) and ends on the 19th of June (Further Maths Paper 2 noooooo) I think the whole exam period is around 5-6 weeks long but good luck with yours and getting into dentistry!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
heyyhannaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeccyForeman)
I'm also doing my GCSE's this summer & for me my GCSE's start on the 12th of May (French AND Biology - lucky moi...) and ends on the 19th of June (Further Maths Paper 2 noooooo) I think the whole exam period is around 5-6 weeks long but good luck with yours and getting into dentistry!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much, good luck with your GCSEs!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lau14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by heyyhannaa)
Thank you I know my exam board is AQA. Have you done your GCSEs? And if so how long did all the exams take to finish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing my second year of A levels, so I can't remember much about my GCSE exam timetable really but mid May to mid/late June is pretty common I think. It looks like you'll be sitting three exams for Maths from what AQA have, but the easiest way to know for sure is checking with teachers
heyyhannaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lau14)
I'm doing my second year of A levels, so I can't remember much about my GCSE exam timetable really but mid May to mid/late June is pretty common I think. It looks like you'll be sitting three exams for Maths from what AQA have, but the easiest way to know for sure is checking with teachers
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (203)
62.08%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.67%
No- I want it (89)
27.22%
No- I don't want it (23)