The Student Room Group

why is there no equality for asians?

as a teenage indian i feel like when people say equality they only mean for blacks
for example if someone says why are there only white people in this advert or a tv show they will add a black person, never an asian which includes middle eastern indian pakistani chinese and far eastern
thoughts? why do you think this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because many people in the West adopt an "Us vs. them" mentality against us. We are still viewed as "foreign" in their eyes. Trust me, I know. I am a Chinese-Born American, and in America, it always irked me when people say "Wow, your English is so good!" No ****, I was born here, and English is my mother language.
Original post by drcharisma
Because many people in the West adopt an "Us vs. them" mentality against us. We are still viewed as "foreign" in their eyes. Trust me, I know. I am a Chinese-Born American, and in America, it always irked me when people say "Wow, your English is so good!" No ****, I was born here, and English is my mother language.

But you also have this "us and them" mentality.
Reply 3
Original post by ha27

for example if someone says why are there only white people in this advert or a tv show they will add a black person, never an asian which includes middle eastern indian pakistani chinese and far eastern
thoughts? why do you think this is?

Someone raised the point in a thread earlier on why so few Asians pick up instruments. Could there be something within Asian culture that has less aspirations for the expressive arts and entertainment industry than biology and doctors? That might account for the disparates.
Additionally, it seems to be that many Asians are muslims/hindus before Asians. Like, I've never heard of Asians march against racism, but they do march against "islamophobia". And not everyone is going to tolerate islam so that's kinda tough luck :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by Truths
Someone raised the point in a thread earlier on why so few Asians pick up instruments. Could there be something within Asian culture that has less aspirations for the expressive arts and entertainment industry than biology and doctors? That might account for the disparates.
Additionally, it seems to be that many Asians are muslims/hindus before Asians. Like, I've never heard of Asians march against racism, but they do march against "islamophobia". And not everyone is going to tolerate islam so that's kinda tough luck :dontknow:

yeah but i know as a muslim arts and entertainment is not bif i understand but what about far eastern and hindus etc like if they have a big voice which im sure at least one asian does how come theyre not signed? they cant go bollywood because thats another language and may not be as great in that compared to an english song idk i just dont understand it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by drcharisma

yes but when people say equality usually it means for blacks only what about asians?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Equality is for everyone.
Preeminence with the law for Protestants. Equality under the law for everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending