The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth Illustration Interview

Hey :smile: I have just recieved an invitation for an interview next month and the butterflies have set in haha! Can anyone give me any tips? I've gone over the questions they have given through the email and feel confident that I can give good answers but some of them are really random lol. What can I expect?
Reply 1
I have been given an interview also but was not given a link in any email to possible questions.
Are these the questions you can find on their interview page like
"

Why have you chosen to study illustration at Falmouth?

How do you define illustration?

What makes illustration distinct from both fine art and graphic design?

How does your work provide evidence that you can think creatively/conceptually?"
[font="Verdana"]And so on? You have me panicking now in case I missed the possible questions ha.

I don't have much advise for this sorry! I guess just be aware of most possible questions and relax

Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
I have an interview next month too, on the 5th! Whens yours?? Maybe its the same day :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Failinis
I have been given an interview also but was not given a link in any email to possible questions.
Are these the questions you can find on their interview page like
"

Why have you chosen to study illustration at Falmouth?

How do you define illustration?

What makes illustration distinct from both fine art and graphic design?

How does your work provide evidence that you can think creatively/conceptually?"
[font="Verdana"]And so on? You have me panicking now in case I missed the possible questions ha.

I don't have much advise for this sorry! I guess just be aware of most possible questions and relax

Hey :smile: Those are a few questions, I can send you the link that they gave me if you want? If that's allowed? haha
Reply 4
Original post by MeringueBlue
I have an interview next month too, on the 5th! Whens yours?? Maybe its the same day :smile:

Aw mine is the 6th :/ Where else have you applied?
Original post by GreenRibena
Aw mine is the 6th :/ Where else have you applied?

Ohhh darn :'), and Norwich, Brighton, Leeds, but Falmouth is my absolute favourite! How about yourself??
Reply 6
Ohhh darn :'), and Norwich, Brighton, Leeds, but Falmouth is my absolute favourite! How about yourself??

I've applied for Portsmouth, Norwich and Brighton :smile: Brighton is my favourite but Falmouth is definitely a big contender haha! Have you had interviews to any of the others yet?
Original post by Diricawl
I've applied for Portsmouth, Norwich and Brighton :smile: Brighton is my favourite but Falmouth is definitely a big contender haha! Have you had interviews to any of the others yet?

Ive had my Norwich and Brighton interview, and i had an interview at Bournemouth, have you had yours yet?? :smile:
Reply 8
Ive had my Norwich and Brighton interview, and i had an interview at Bournemouth, have you had yours yet?? :smile:

I've had my Norwich interview as well but not Brighton :frown: I havent heard from them since I sent my portfolio.
I've had my Norwich interview as well but not Brighton :frown: I havent heard from them since I sent my portfolio.

Oh darn :frown:, i know most unis have later interview dates for late applicants, ohh i hope they give you an interview! I havent heard back from them since my interview
Hey :smile: Those are a few questions, I can send you the link that they gave me if you want? If that's allowed? haha

Yeah sure PM on here if you like.
What time is your interview for Falmouth? Mine is also on the 6th at 9am!
I have a skype interview for Brighton on Monday.
Falmouth is my main choice, then Brighton, Cardiff, Ulster and Magee.
Reply 11
I had my interview for Falmouth, it's in the form of speed dating. So you'll sit with your portfolio and you're timed 5 mins with each person interviewing you so you have 3 lecturers and 1 student ask you questions. Each person has a specific area to question you on. They'll briefly flick though your work; but they did say that they've obviously seen our work and we're here because they like it. So i think they're just seeing how you react to the questions and your personality:-)
Make sure you can show yourself as a team worker and you like to work with other students to feedback from each other.
They'll ask you about problem solving. What illustration is? How you expect to get work as an illustrator. (Talk about online profiles and agencies). and also what medias you like to work with.
Hope this helps; it's fast paced and it was a shock to me; but I've got an offer so it ain't all bad:-) Good Luck!
No way, i got a place too! :smile: are you going to firm it??

Original post by s/k
I had my interview for Falmouth, it's in the form of speed dating. So you'll sit with your portfolio and you're timed 5 mins with each person interviewing you so you have 3 lecturers and 1 student ask you questions. Each person has a specific area to question you on. They'll briefly flick though your work; but they did say that they've obviously seen our work and we're here because they like it. So i think they're just seeing how you react to the questions and your personality:-)
Make sure you can show yourself as a team worker and you like to work with other students to feedback from each other.
They'll ask you about problem solving. What illustration is? How you expect to get work as an illustrator. (Talk about online profiles and agencies). and also what medias you like to work with.
Hope this helps; it's fast paced and it was a shock to me; but I've got an offer so it ain't all bad:-) Good Luck!
Reply 13
No way, i got a place too! :smile: are you going to firm it??

Congrats! :smile: I did actually think it as my 5th choice as I only like 45 mins away and felt the need to live the city life and get out of cornwall! but now i've realised how good the whole opportunity is compared to the others i've applied to. So it is looking like it! What about you?
Ye definitely! I live quite a while away so for me it's completely new and it is really nice there!
Original post by s/k
Congrats! :smile: I did actually think it as my 5th choice as I only like 45 mins away and felt the need to live the city life and get out of cornwall! but now i've realised how good the whole opportunity is compared to the others i've applied to. So it is looking like it! What about you?
I just got word back and have gotten a place, I think it will be my firm offer.
Reply 16
Thankyou! Amazing response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending