The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Digital media course

Hello there!

I have a conditional offer for the Digital media course starting in September 2015. Is there someone studying in the same course?

I would like to know some things about it.

What are exactly the modules taught? Are there modules about tv production? Is there the

possibility to do the placement year in a company of your choice or are there specific

companies collaborating with the university ? For instance, for the same course, most

universities have a partnership with BBC or with Channel 4, or Sky Channel.

Finally, is it an interesting course with good reputation and good employability?

Thank you for listening. I hope someone answers to me , so I can decide on my first and

insurance choice as well.
Reply 1
Original post by Roger Federer
Hello there!

I have a conditional offer for the Digital media course starting in September 2015. Is there someone studying in the same course?

I would like to know some things about it.

What are exactly the modules taught? Are there modules about tv production? Is there the

possibility to do the placement year in a company of your choice or are there specific

companies collaborating with the university ? For instance, for the same course, most

universities have a partnership with BBC or with Channel 4, or Sky Channel.

Finally, is it an interesting course with good reputation and good employability?

Thank you for listening. I hope someone answers to me , so I can decide on my first and

insurance choice as well.

Hi Rodger,
This course is new this year, so I would advise you to make your decision based on the Media department at Coventry more generally, which has an excellent reputation and is ranked 1st in the UK for Media Production and Photography. The department is at the forefront on digital education strategies and runs very successful online open access modules on the existing courses which you might want to take a look at called Phonar and Picbod. We have been running a Digital Media pathway as part of our MA Programme for a while now too, and that has been very successful. In addition to the information I have already provided you with on placement opportunities and from our website, please also check out this page on the course from the course director here.

- Josh
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
There are also a few YouTube videos which tell you more about the department available online which I've attached for you, they're based around longer standing courses, but I would argue they are representative of what you can expect on the Digital Media BA as it is taught by a lot of the same staff, and speaking as a student from the media department we are very collaborative between courses :smile:

Production

Photography

Media and Communications

- Josh

- Josh
Thanks Josh! Your help is really valuable. I've already had a skype interview with Mr. Peter Woodbridge and thank you very much for the links and advises :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Roger Federer
Thanks Josh! Your help is really valuable. I've already had a skype interview with Mr. Peter Woodbridge and thank you very much for the links and advises :smile:

Not a problem Roger! Don't hesitate to ask me if you have anymore questions, as you might of guessed the Media Department at Cov Uni is one of my favourite subjects to talk about :P I just love it here!

- Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending