I don't think I want my racist family members from ever meeting my future kids?

Watch
Dean Ambrose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok here's the thing, I'm half English and the rest is Indian and Burmese. But my uncle and his friend and my mums friend on my English side just have these sick views on blacks and Asians it's horrible.

They're not racist to me or anything which is good apart from banter. They just say stuff like "everywhere a black man is everywhere around him falls" and when a Muslim is on the news, stuff like "ship them all back" and plenty of other things.

Me and my mum have to keep our mouths zipped because these people are extremely helpful. I just almost had it when me my mum and her friend were watching a comedy with a half Indian comedian and i said "where do you think he's from?"my mum said "Pakistan" and her friend said "no, his skins not greasy like a p*ki"

I'm moving to Canada with my friend when we're say 25 or so, so i may not see them i don't know but i just don't want them lecturing my children If i ever have them. I don't want my children to be one of those fat ugly lowlifes that blame someone's race or religion for their failures.
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dean Ambrose)
Ok here's the thing, I'm half English and the rest is Indian and Burmese. But my uncle and his friend and my mums friend on my English side just have these sick views on blacks and Asians it's horrible.

They're not racist to me or anything which is good apart from banter. They just say stuff like "everywhere a black man is everywhere around him falls" and when a Muslim is on the news, stuff like "ship them all back" and plenty of other things.

Me and my mum have to keep our mouths zipped because these people are extremely helpful. I just almost had it when me my mum and her friend were watching a comedy with a half Indian comedian and i said "where do you think he's from?"my mum said "Pakistan" and her friend said "no, his skins not greasy like a p*ki"

I'm moving to Canada with my friend when we're say 25 or so, so i may not see them i don't know but i just don't want them lecturing my children If i ever have them. I don't want my children to be one of those fat ugly lowlifes that blame someone's race or religion for their failures.
Yeah generally get that ship them away attitude it is quite annoying..

As for the part highlighted in bold.. Shouldn't you be the one lecturing your children?
username1201943
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

What if they are slim beautiful lowlifes that blame someone's race or religion for their failures?
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Listen maybe if you would stop trying to tie religion something that actually matters to race something which shouldn't matter it would be helpful.

I see the all the time now people saying religion, gender, sexuality are the same a race. They aren't, these things matter.

I see the view of deportation a lot, I find it stupid. I think why not covert the Muslims to Protestantism and force our will upon them making us better in the long run as we did with Jews and Catholics. My father says things to me which are racist I just smile and agree, I don't agree though. However in some cases like the riots in London his views are correct. Though I would say in the end it was a break down of liberties and the arming of the police which caused it. My parents also use the word P*ki when people phone up trying to sell things, which I think is fair enough because they are annoying. Also my grandmother made an interesting point that in TV shows it is always the black man getting with the white women, and never the other way round. I cringed when she said, however looking back on my viewing experience I do believe she is correct to point it out.

Am I actually allowed to use full racist words on this forum or do I have to miss out some of the letters.
Dean Ambrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
What if they are slim beautiful lowlifes that blame someone's race or religion for their failures?

Then that's not better.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good idea
Dean Ambrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Binary Freak)
Yeah generally get that ship them away attitude it is quite annoying..

As for the part highlighted in bold.. Shouldn't you be the one lecturing your children?
I will do, just that they may try to convince them that their views are better.
Binary Freak
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will do, just that they may try to convince them that their views are better.
You'll be the parent for love of all things.. Just be more adamant with them.. Otherwise if you let them run around then they just may take your parents' word for it..
Dean Ambrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by william walker)
Listen maybe if you would stop trying to tie religion something that actually matters to race something which shouldn't matter it would be helpful.

I see the all the time now people saying religion, gender, sexuality are the same a race. They aren't, these things matter.

I see the view of deportation a lot, I find it stupid. I think why not covert the Muslims to Protestantism and force our will upon them making us better in the long run as we did with Jews and Catholics. My father says things to me which are racist I just smile and agree, I don't agree though. However in some cases like the riots in London his views are correct. Though I would say in the end it was a break down of liberties and the arming of the police which caused it. My parents also use the word P*ki when people phone up trying to sell things, which I think is fair enough because they are annoying. Also my grandmother made an interesting point that in TV shows it is always the black man getting with the white women, and never the other way round. I cringed when she said, however looking back on my viewing experience I do believe she is correct to point it out.

Am I actually allowed to use full racist words on this forum or do I have to miss out some of the letters.
Erm, no offence but if someone annoys me, I'll take it out on them themselves as a person like a sensible person not their race like a colossal jackass.

Yeah you can use full racial names I think but I don't want to because it makes me feel disgusting.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In your position I'd feel the same way - though I'd keep my children away not for fear that they'd be corrupted, but out of sheer embarrassment.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Erm, no offence but if someone annoys me, I'll take it out on them themselves as a person like a sensible person not their race like a colossal jackass.

Yeah you can use full racial names I think but I don't want to because it makes me feel disgusting.
They don't call the person who is calling names. They put the phone down and say I was these bloody P*ki's would stop ringing all the time.

Why? It is just a word.
Dean Ambrose
Rep:
?
They don't call the person who is calling names. They put the phone down and say I was these bloody P*ki's would stop ringing all the time.

Why? It is just a word.

A disgusting word that's either used by racist loners or confused pakistani's.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A disgusting word that's either used by racist loners or confused pakistani's.
My parents aren't loners.
RHyoudon'kno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good on you.
sellthekidsforfood
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

That must be pretty horrible to sit in a room with a load of 'family' members who are basically attacking your identity. I completely understand your situation though.. I'm half Italian and - when sat in a room with my racist, English family - I get offended (even though I'm still classed as white) because they say things about other people like "send them back", "taking all our jobs", etc, etc.... Honestly, you have to just 1) give them a piece of your mind regardless of whether they're "family", 2) never let their idiotic comments get to you because deep-down you know that what they're saying has no foundation and 3) have faith that your kids won't turn out like them because if I can turn out alright after hearing that bull**** my entire life, any ****er can!
Dean Ambrose
Rep:
?
My parents aren't loners.
Well I'm not saying they can't prove me wrong.
poohat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And what do the Indian side of your family think about pakistani muslims and black people?
Incubator
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Generally, most racists are uneducated.
Dean Ambrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by poohat)
And what do the Indian side of your family think about pakistani muslims and black people?
Well only knew my dad from that side and he was pretty damn racist, but some cr*p happened and I haven't seen him in 2 years so I don't need to worry about that guy.
Dean Ambrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by sellthekidsforfood)
That must be pretty horrible to sit in a room with a load of 'family' members who are basically attacking your identity. I completely understand your situation though.. I'm half Italian and - when sat in a room with my racist, English family - I get offended (even though I'm still classed as white) because they say things about other people like "send them back", "taking all our jobs", etc, etc.... Honestly, you have to just 1) give them a piece of your mind regardless of whether they're "family", 2) never let their idiotic comments get to you because deep-down you know that what they're saying has no foundation and 3) have faith that your kids won't turn out like them because if I can turn out alright after hearing that bull**** my entire life, any ****er can!
Lol, I know someone who's half Italian half English and she's, well, she's not racist but says stuff like "if we went over there and preached we'll get shot", "this culture knows nothing" and "all this bloody multi culturalism"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (109)
28.09%
No (279)
71.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed