The Student Room Group

Always meet the wrong people?!

So I was in a serious relationship for a year and since then I've moved to a new city. Its a lot harder than I thought it was to meet people and find anyone who is up for some kind of relationship. There always seems to be something holding the guy back - I seem to have a tendency to meet nice guys who are just coning out of serious relationships.

I am moving away to uni in September so am cautious about getting into anything serious right now however having some kind of relationship with someone before that would be nice, for the company and other 'benefits'.

It has been suggested to try a friends with benefits thing but I want to be careful and ensure that it would be something where we are mutually exclusive with each other-something guys usually object to.

So yeah, just advice on it all would be nice! Thanks:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Let your days come naturally, don't push for stuff to happen. Just let it happen and see how it goes. If you meet someone, then great. If you don't, it's not the end of the world. Be happy and live for the moment. If that means meeting different guys for various things such as.. Friendship, friends with benefits, support etc. Then so be it. Do not rush something because of a particular craving, therefore you minimise the chance of being hurt.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the best and sincere happiness. :smile:
I vote a FWB with your Guy best-freind
Reply 3
Original post by jayzema
Let your days come naturally, don't push for stuff to happen. Just let it happen and see how it goes. If you meet someone, then great. If you don't, it's not the end of the world. Be happy and live for the moment. If that means meeting different guys for various things such as.. Friendship, friends with benefits, support etc. Then so be it. Do not rush something because of a particular craving, therefore you minimise the chance of being hurt.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the best and sincere happiness. :smile:

Exactly this. Well said Jay. +1
Oh dear. What has my once wonderful Protestant nation come to where people actually call a relationship by time rather than what actions are undertaken. You will end up being crushed by your immoral actions at this time, please refrain from such actions for your own good and the good of the nation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending