The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Want to know more about MLitt English at St Andrews

I was so delighted to have received an offer from St Andrews earlier this month and I will be studying MLitt in Modern and Contemporary Literature and Culture. But I have been reading from TSR more about St Andrews. Should I wait for my Oxford application result (MSt in English 1900- Present) or just go ahead with the St Andrews offer? I definitely care about teaching quality and academic support.
Its up to you, I would wait for Oxford first, but that is just me.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I thought that Oxford wasn't really very good for contemporary literature? I've heard it's one of their weakest courses. But, I don't know about St Andrews - I'm thinking of applying there (mainly because I freaking love the town and I want to stay in Scotland); I'm a bit worried about the poshness of the students as well, but I don't know if it would be as big of a deal as a lot of undergrads have complained about?
St Andrews students are posh, especially arts courses, but I'm sure you will be able to find students to relate to. All top universities are posh, the posh league tables are basically the same as the university league tables.
Reply 4
Thank you guys, and I'm exactly waiting for Oxford (hopefully it is not Godot in the end) in the meantime. I have to admit that I don't stand a good chance of entering Oxford but the wait is worth it.

Whether students are posh or not doesn't really bother me, BTW. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending