The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Can you still get into university if you sit national 5 maths in fifth year instead of fourth ??
Reply 381
Original post by imjustliv
Can you still get into university if you sit national 5 maths in fifth year instead of fourth ??

You are absolutely fine. It doesn't matter the year, so long as you actually pass.
It is a standard to get in and the year doesn't matter.

However with Higher subjects you tend to get universities requesting you get a certain grade on the first sitting meaning that you require to get the grades on the first attempt of those highers.
Original post by imjustliv

Depends what you're a applying for? Not a chance if you are applying for Physics/Chemistry/Engineering/Maths. But for anything not involving lots of maths (like biology) then you'll be fine
I actually passed maths :0 I'm so shocked. I had prepared myself to sit it again. How did everyone else do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Passed with an A :smile:
Reply 387
Im so happy I got an A :smile:)) does anyone know where I can find the actual paper we sat?
Original post by RandomOrton

Same hahahahhaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roksana
Same hahahahhaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

A D is a fail right? If so what percentage? Because i got no award.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A D is a fail right? If so what percentage? Because i got no award.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately.. According to the grade boundaries you had to get 44/90 to get a C.. Meh

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/63002.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helpplz
Im so happy I got an A :smile:)) does anyone know where I can find the actual paper we sat?

DLB maths on YouTube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roksana
Unfortunately.. According to the grade boundaries you had to get 44/90 to get a C.. Meh

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/63002.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spent the last 20 mins of the exam calculating the most i could've gotten which was 40%. Sitting with 4 years here we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I spent the last 20 mins of the exam calculating the most i could've gotten which was 40%. Sitting with 4 years here we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally! I was the exact same, don't think I could have got any more marks even if I sat any longer. Maybe with more revision but naaa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roksana
Totally! I was the exact same, don't think I could have got any more marks even if I sat any longer. Maybe with more revision but naaa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was the only thing i revised for although i knew i was gonna fail anyway despite grasping it in class, in fact being one of the few to do so and answer stuff. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was the only thing i revised for although i knew i was gonna fail anyway despite grasping it in class, in fact being one of the few to do so and answer stuff. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I get what you mean. I just didn't perform well in that exam at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Anyone got a link to the paper, my brother sat it this year and says he feels ok about it but I know that means he's had difficulties.
Reply 397
Original post by vGhost
Anyone got a link to the paper, my brother sat it this year and says he feels ok about it but I know that means he's had difficulties.

Hey, did maths last year and currently doing Higher but you should check out DLBmaths on youtube he may have it, seen also a guy on twitter @SumTeacherWeb has the first paper up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest