The Student Room Group

Can I do CIE A Levels as a private candidate next year and have October and AS exams?

Is this true, then allow going school.

This would be a much better system.

Also UK applicant.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Is this true, then allow going school.

This would be a much better system.

Also UK applicant.

Your post is so succinct as to be verging on the unintelligible, hence I didn't try to reply before.

If you want to take CIE exams in the UK this Autumn then you may find it very hard to find a centre. UK schools enter lots of candidates for IGCSE English (First language) but for precious little else and many of them never do CIE A levels at all. Finding a centre willing to accomodate you is likely to be time-consuming and expensiv.
Original post by Compost
Your post is so succinct as to be verging on the unintelligible, hence I didn't try to reply before.

If you want to take CIE exams in the UK this Autumn then you may find it very hard to find a centre. UK schools enter lots of candidates for IGCSE English (First language) but for precious little else and many of them never do CIE A levels at all. Finding a centre willing to accomodate you is likely to be time-consuming and expensiv.

Thanks for your reply.

Oh dear I see.

Surely the top independent schools will be doing CIE a levels to avoid the changes of the new a levels.

If I did find a centre though and the fee was reasonable would it all be fine, do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest