Sleeping patterns Watch

Zefiros
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Apparently, skewed biological clocks are completely normal for teenagers, up to the extend where one might want to sleep during the day and work at night. I was wondering, does it ever end? Will we ever get back our childhood sleeping patterns where we could wake up before 8 am with absolutely no effort? I am 20 now, and there is still no sign of it. Any experiences? When does it start to change again?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zefiros)
Apparently, skewed biological clocks are completely normal for teenagers, up to the extend where one might want to sleep during the day and work at night. I was wondering, does it ever end? Will we ever get back our childhood sleeping patterns where we could wake up before 8 am with absolutely no effort? I am 20 now, and there is still no sign of it. Any experiences?
Whilst at uni I was a very late sleeper/riser, typically going to be no earlier than 4am and getting up at mid day.

As I got older, I found myself wanting to go to bed earlier and waking up earlier without alarm clocks.
Zefiros
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Whilst at uni I was a very late sleeper/riser, typically going to be no earlier than 4am and getting up at mid day.

As I got older, I found myself wanting to go to bed earlier and waking up earlier without alarm clocks.
Would you mind specifying 'older'? How much older?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zefiros)
Would you mind specifying 'older'? How much older?
I think from about 24 onwards
alexs2602
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on the person. I'm 25 very soon and I'm currently seeking medical help to correct my sleeping pattern which is even worse than what's been described so far. I had a cyclical pattern where I slept later and later each night. I'm now taking melatonin but I'm still trying to see if it will be enough or I'll need different treatment.
Soul-Searching
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm 17 and have a great sleeping pattern!! Go to bed early but I'm an early riser and get up at 6 every morning without fail! Means I can be productive and get work done before school although I can't stay up late haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads