The Student Room Group

Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding Paris metro train (VIDEO)

Amateur footage shows Chelsea football fans preventing a black man from boarding a Paris metro train shortly before the Champions League fixture between Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday. The unidentified passenger attempts to squeeze on to the train, only to be pushed forcefully back on to the platform at the Richelieu-Drouot station. The fans then chant: 'We're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video

:frown:

Scroll to see replies

He wan't prevented form getting on the train because he was black, but because he was French. A guy who was in the crowd and standing by the door, phoned up BBC radio this morning and he said they stopped him getting on the train because of World War 2, and other French stereotypes.

So yes, it was racist, but not anti-black racism. But anti French racism.

Unfortunately the facts don't matter to leftist ideologues at the Guardian, they saw images of a black person being prevented from getting on a train and they immediately jumped to conclusions based on their pre defined world view. Its called bigotry when people jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by capitalismstinks

Unfortunately the facts don't matter to leftist ideologues at the Guardian, they saw images of a black person being prevented from getting on a train and they immediately jumped to conclusions based on their pre defined world view. Its called bigotry when people jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.

They never came to the conclusion that his race was their motivation. Maybe you should have a read before you comment next time.
Original post by Truths
They never came to the conclusion that his race was their motivation. Maybe you should have a read before you comment next time.

So if it isn't about his race, why have you mentioned his race in the title?
i think there is another thread about this ?
Reply 5
Not the first time this has happened

I really, really, really hate a lot of Chelsea fans.
Original post by Truths

Mate? They were chanting "we are racist" what further evidence would you like to come to the conclusion that race was their motivation ¿¿??¿¿

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by DiddyDec
So if it isn't about his race, why have you mentioned his race in the title?

That's the title of the video and the title of all the articles written on this.
Reply 8
Original post by hi-zen-berg
Mate? They were chanting "we are racist" what further evidence would you like to come to the conclusion that race was their motivation ¿¿??¿¿

Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe it was, but capitalismstinks was making unfounded criticism on the guardian as if it them who had conjectured.
Original post by Truths
Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe it was, but capitalismstinks was making unfounded criticism on the guardian as if it them who had conjectured.

Ah fair play yeah I concur

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Truths

The way it was portrayed certainly emphasises his race - and I felt terrible for the guy when I first read it.

After seeing that it might be because he's French rather than his race, I still felt a bit sorry for him and thought the Chelsea fans were colossal cocks but I don't think it's quite as bad as having to make front pages on the media and having the FA promise to ban the perpetrators etc.
Original post by Truths

They did. Guardian journalists are like dogs on heat when an event like this happens. They dream of it. Facts don't matter when they become so rabid. All they saw was a black man being pushed by a White person and they decided to fill in the dots. Facts dont matter.

But, I shouldn't just blame the guardian. The entire mainstream media has pushed the same false narrative.
He wan't prevented form getting on the train because he was black, but because he was French. A guy who was in the crowd and standing by the door, phoned up BBC radio this morning and he said they stopped him getting on the train because of World War 2, and other French stereotypes.

So yes, it was racist, but not anti-black racism. But anti French racism.

What video were you watching? Clearly not the same one as everybody else. You're trying to analyse and decode the video to fit your agenda. They are in Paris, full of French people & on a train full of French people yet they targeted the only black guy on the platform. Not only that, they even told you 'We're racist (x2 incase you didn't hear the first time) & that's the way we like it'. World War 2? Lol, the lengths some of you would go to is really pathetic.

You can't hide, people are out here doing Sherlock: https://twitter.com/junayed_/status/568188285832593408
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophiaLDN
What video were you watching? Clearly not the same one as everybody else. You're trying to analyse and decode the video to fit your agenda. They are in Paris, full of French people & on a train full of French people yet they targeted the only black guy on the platform. Not only that, they even told you 'We're racist (x2 incase you didn't hear the first time) & that's the way we like it'. World War 2? Lol, the lengths some of you would go to is really pathetic.

You can't hide, people are out here doing Sherlock: https://twitter.com/junayed_/status/568188285832593408

so you have video of them allowing White french people in do you? No, didn't think so.

My comment is based on the radio interview I heard. An interview which has been played all day on BBC and Sky.

But what does facts and evidence mean to people like you? The chant is an ironic chant they use to defend John Terry on the terraces, and which they used to defend themselves from fakes accusations when someone shouted 'racist' on the train.
(edited 9 years ago)
so you have video of them allowing White french people in do you? No, didn't think so.

My comment is based on the radio interview I heard. An interview which has been played all day on BBC and Sky.

But what does facts and evidence mean to people like you? The chant is an ironic chant they use to defend John Terry, and which they used to defend thenselves from fakes accusations when someone shouted 'racist'

So if they allowed a White French person on, that cancels out any racism that follows? They stopped him getting on & clearly chanting that it's because of race : 'We're racist'. Since when was 'we're racist' such an ambiguous phrase?

You're talking about evidence - where is this person who shouted 'racist?' So you're trying to tell me (mind you we watched the same video) that they then became racist to shield themselves from racism accusations? Incredible. You're no different to them. Bye.
Reply 15
They did. Guardian journalists are like dogs on heat when an event like this happens. They dream of it. Facts don't matter when they become so rabid. All they saw was a black man being pushed by a White person and they decided to fill in the dots. Facts dont matter.

But, I shouldn't just blame the guardian. The entire mainstream media has pushed the same false narrative.

What part of "we are racist, that's the way we like it" do you not understand?

I mean, the train was full of white people. So we are just supposed to believe the only french person there was black?

Original post by SophiaLDN
So if they allowed a White French person on, that cancels out any racism that follows? They stopped him getting on & clearly chanting that it's because of race : 'We're racist'. Since when was 'we're racist' such an ambiguous phrase?

You're talking about evidence - where is this person who shouted 'racist?' So you're trying to tell me (mind you we watched the same video) that they then became racist to shield themselves from racism accusations? Incredible. You're no different to them. Bye.

The incident was anti French, not anti black. The black guy was French who happened to be black. The drunk thugs didn't allow White french on the train did they?

In the video, you can't hear what is being said. Its only because of the fan who phoned up the BBC that we even know what was said.

The chant is a terrace chant. It's an ironic chant. They sung it in response to accusations of racism.

In the video, you can't hear what is being said. Its only because of the fan who phoned up the BBC that we even know what was said.

"We're racist and that's the way we like it" can be clearly heard on the video.

Also, if some of the Chelsea fans were not the size of small hippos, half the population of Paris could have got on that train.
Third time they've done this in the past 24 hours :frown:
As far as I'm concerned, all Chelsea fans are racist and should be shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending