The Student Room Group

The Perfect girl Smart and Sexy

'I want to have the first BABY on Mars,' says British candidate for one-way space mission - as TV company reveals plans for Big Brother-style show that could be beamed from the red planet

Scientists have searched for life on Mars for years, but now one young Briton hopes to create it herself on the red planet.
Maggie Lieu is among the five Britons who have been shortlisted for the Mars One mission, which aims to send people to live - and die - on the red planet.
The astrophysics PhD student said it would be a privilege to be the first woman to give birth on Mars, which would make her baby a Martian.
The story of the final four colonists, who are set to begin their new lives on Mars in 2025, will feature in a reality TV programme made by Endemol - the production company behind Big Brother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2958312/I-want-BABY-Mars-says-British-candidate-one-way-space-mission-TV-company-reveals-plans-Big-Brother-style-beamed-red-planet.html

Scroll to see replies

Her face is battered.
Original post by comptroller
Her face is battered.

:mad:
Reply 3
If that's the perfect girl, it's too bad that she's going to Mars. That's a hella long distance relationship.
Original post by Colonel Agansu
:mad:

She's alrightt
Original post by SiminaM
If that's the perfect girl, it's too bad that she's going to Mars. That's a hella long distance relationship.

Does her intelligence and good looks threaten you?
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
She's alrightt

:biggrin: Id certainly provide the sperm for her martian baby. She's so cute.
:biggrin: Id certainly provide the sperm for her martian baby. She's so cute.

What a weird thing to say.
Big Brother? In outer space?

Reply 9
Does her intelligence and good looks threaten you?

Do*
And no, not really. I have different interests. And tbh I wouldn't want to look like her.
You're being generous describing this girl as sexy.

Like "the IMF subsiding Myanmar" generous
Original post by SiminaM
Do*
And no, not really. I have different interests. And tbh I wouldn't want to look like her.

Someone's jealous.

Dem excuses
Original post by goldie56
You're being generous describing this girl as sexy.

Like "the IMF subsiding Myanmar" generous

She looks like a martian.
To bad she wants to go on a one way trip that has a high chance of failure. I admire the fact she is willing to embark on such a journey but I feel its a bit foolish
Original post by Erstwhistle
Someone's jealous.

Dem excuses

So dam jeaulous :colondollar:
I wanna give birth to the very first mars martian!
No but seriously, that poor kid, how will his life be?
Original post by SiminaM
So dam jeaulous :colondollar:
I wanna give birth to the very first mars martian!
No but seriously, that poor kid, how will his life be?

It'll be like living inside a prison I know. Mars One is a one way mission. Whatever is born there, stays there until it too dies alongside this silly little girl who needs to stop living in a little unrealistic science fiction bubble of selfishness.
No.
Reply 17
Unless she's happy to give up the "baby on Mars" thing it seems pretty unlikely that NASA would pick her.
So maybe not such a long distance relationship after all...
Reply 18
Wait a minute, is she going to spontaneously become pregnant as so as she leaves earth??
Original post by NHM713
Wait a minute, is she going to spontaneously become pregnant as so as she leaves earth??

No one of the people on the mission are going to rattle her so she can have a child on mars

Latest