The Student Room Group

If you could re-do your life, what would you change?

Scroll to see replies

I would have definitely changed where I went to school and sixth form. Second would be the people I have befriended over the years, though it has changed me for the better I think.
would have liked to have made the decision about my career earlier by a couple of years
Stay true to my friends, start hockey earlier, do drama from an early age and work harder.
My Oxford interviews xD
Go to a better secondary school. The one I go to now just tries to get us 5A*s-Cs, and doesn't really give a **** about helping pupils achieve anything higher.
I wish I worked harder in school and actually formed better friendships and relationships as I went along.
1. Worked harder in school (especially at Math and Science subjects...they really limited my options after secondary school)

2. Wish I had talked with a wider range of people

3. Chosen a different university (Had the opportunity to go to a Russell Group uni close to home and didn't because of stupidity .__.)

4. Not have gotten involved with a certain someone

5. Learnt to say no

Overall though I'm just glad I've acknowledged my mistakes and the only thing I can do now is make the best of it. ^_^
I'd change the people I thought were my friends when they wasn't and I'd also change who id trust
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Lol.

Don't laugh :frown: I regret this deeply. We might have still been a couple. I'm such a wimp
Take a few more chances in general, not worry as much about the consequences of things and be a bit more carefree!
Reply 30
Spend less time worrying about what people thought of me as a teenager. It's unhealthy, and everybody's got their own **** to worry about anyway.
Original post by demuredoll
1. Worked harder in school (especially at Math and Science subjects...they really limited my options after secondary school)

2. Wish I had talked with a wider range of people

3. Chosen a different university (Had the opportunity to go to a Russell Group uni close to home and didn't because of stupidity .__.)

4. Not have gotten involved with a certain someone

5. Learnt to say no

Overall though I'm just glad I've acknowledged my mistakes and the only thing I can do now is make the best of it. ^_^

Why didn't you go to the russell group uni close to home, if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:?
I would have made more of an effort to get out more and have a better social life, definitely.
Original post by Wolftablet
Why didn't you go to the russell group uni close to home, if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:?

Well at the time, I was only concerned with whether the University guaranteed first year accommodation as my family was in the process of moving. Tbh, I was not even aware of 'Russell Group' and which universities were apart of it - It literally never occurred to me. I was under the assumption that Oxbridge was the best and the rest of the universities were on equal standing (except for the obvious ones, Bedfordshire, UEL etc). It was only after I went to my university did I realize the prestige of having attended one. :rolleyes:

Oh well, you live and you learn :smile:
Original post by SophieSmall
I would have visited my granddad in the hospital :frown: I didn't realise how ill he was.

*hug*
Original post by trustmeimlying1
*hug*

Thanks man, it just comes back to me sometimes and I feel guilty.
Started working earlier, put a bit more effort in School/6th form & took a different course at Uni & also not been so shy & actually put myself out there much more!
Thanks man, it just comes back to me sometimes and I feel guilty.

no completely understand.my parents only told me granny was dying in her last days...it was unexpected.**** too.

anyways on brighter notes were starting to look up interrail crap if youre still interested
Original post by trustmeimlying1
no completely understand.my parents only told me granny was dying in her last days...it was unexpected.**** too.

anyways on brighter notes were starting to look up interrail crap if youre still interested

I'm not sure, I may have to buy a new laptop soon which will basically take away half my savings.
I'm not sure, I may have to buy a new laptop soon which will basically take away half my savings.

hmm likely a no then.sure enjoy the new lappie so

Quick Reply

Latest