The Student Room Group

If you could re-do your life, what would you change?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1
hmm likely a no then.sure enjoy the new lappie so

eh will try.
I hate buying electronics, every single thing I have bought has either broken or something has gone wrong with it.
Original post by SophieSmall
eh will try.
I hate buying electronics, every single thing I have bought has either broken or something has gone wrong with it.

be grand aslong as youre organised its fine.

hotukdeals is good for that kinda thing
Original post by trustmeimlying1
be grand aslong as youre organised its fine.

hotukdeals is good for that kinda thing

organised how?

I always read reviews, specififcations ect, still somehow always manage to get a piece of **** technology
Original post by SophieSmall
I would have visited my granddad in the hospital :frown: I didn't realise how ill he was.

bless you :console::hugs:

There's so much that I regret/would want to change. Don't tempt me when it comes to making lists..
Original post by thecatwithnohat
bless you :console::hugs:

There's so much that I regret/would want to change. Don't tempt me when it comes to making lists..

I wish I had learnt to dance, sing, and act.
One of my favourite things in life is musical theatre and it's really depressing that it's pretty much too late in life to learn as no matter what I do there will always be people my age with 15 years more experience and talent than me. Never gonna get a lead role like that :P
Reply 46
Original post by soanonymous
If anything?

I would change 1. the schools i went to and 2. the amount of work i did and 3. the university i attend.

I would have revised my heart out and get the scholarship I always wanted but never got

Definitely and I mean definitely do different A levels to what I chose

Those are my ultimate regrets and I will never live them down

[Well unless I miraculously received £20,000 and enter the private school :bawling:]
I'd just do everything exactly the same except I'd fix the social **** ups I' made from mishearing what somebody's asked me.
Original post by Jibola240
Don't laugh :frown: I regret this deeply. We might have still been a couple. I'm such a wimp

Highly unlikely. :console:
Mostly the same. I'd avoid certain people I made friends with, and probably reach out to certain people I never got to know. That's about it really, apart from some mega private stuff :blush:
Reply 50
I wouldn't change a lot but there are some things.

I'd try to be a nicer person. I'd try to be more mature when I was younger. I'd try to be less lazy.

I'd probably work harder in school and go to a better university.

It's easy to think of better ways to have lived in hindsight, but I'm content to live that way today.
Original post by RFowler
A few things.

1. I would make more of an effort to make friends and have a social life during school. From the start of secondary school I spent my days on my own with no friends, and I think I missed out on some of the social sides of school life.

2. I would not start procrastinating when I started secondary school. It's a very difficult habit to get out.

3. I would have gone to both of my proms.

This is what I would like to have done, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I agree.
I wish id done the same.
Reply 52
Only one thing, I wish I went into pharmacy and studied it at uni. I regret my choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I accidentally killed my pet canary.
I wouldn't have cut my hair into a pixie crop when I was 15.

I would have stuck in more with my coursework at school instead of just scraping marks or taking a chance and hoping for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cut out my ex,spent more time with my parents,met my true love,have applied to medicine instead of biomedical science
Original post by soanonymous
If anything?

I would change 1. the schools i went to and 2. the amount of work i did and 3. the university i attend.

Sure, I would like to have managed my career better, but that's about it. Sometimes I imagine what I would have done if I knew then what I know now. But truthfully, if I did, I would not have the good marriage that I do and the absolutely wonderful, amazing kids we have. So, I wouldn't change a thing.
Tried much, much harder in secondary school and my AS year (resitting it now, haha), and plucked up the courage to tell my parents I don't believe in Islam.
I would try.
Original post by Cutty
Only one thing, I wish I went into pharmacy and studied it at uni. I regret my choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you study? If you don't mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest