This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Im not a fan of tennis, but i was really impressed by Karlovic's performance, so i would like to know, as i put a bet on him because he was an outsider at 200-1, what are the realistic chances of him winning the tournament?
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Leyton Hewitt wasn't playing at his best; he hasn't been playing too well at the previous tournaments, and was making hard work of his wins. So although Karlovic played well, Hewitt probably should have beaten him. Realistically, he could go further, but if he meets someone like Agassi or Roddick, or maybe even Henman, he could be in trouble. But good luck to him. He deserved his win as he played well. Who really knows how far he could go, all he can do is try to continue playing at his best.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Roddick to Win!
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You didn't get odds of 200-1 for no reason! If he wins it will be quite possibly the biggest shock in recent sporting history. You won't care though, you'll be rich.

It's not going to happen though mate.

Ed
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Well the odds have been shortened quite a bit now, but they are still pretty long.
I know there isn't much chance, but £50 at 200-1, gotta be worth the risk.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
his hat seemed to have sperm stains on them, did anyone notice?
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no and to the point, why did you???

love Katy ***
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
£1 at 200-1 maybes...
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Either way just be grateful to the youth, it takes Hewitt out the way - I don't think I could have put up with any more screams of:

"Come On !"

from the Aussie twat!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
HAHAHA!

That i have to agree with totally
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well Karlovic didn't get through after getting knocked out by Max Mirnyi of Belarus, three sets to one:

7-6 (5), 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4).

Hope no-one blew loads of money of the unknown Croat.
rachelina*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd hate to be that tall. Even though I hate being short as well, I wouldn't like to go through life being 6 foot 10. Imagine how hard it would be to find good pants.
EddieB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Iluvatar
HAHAHA!

That i have to agree with totally
Me three. There are some annoying tennis players out there, and dear Lleyton is surely one of them...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Expression
Either way just be grateful to the youth, it takes Hewitt out the way - I don't think I could have put up with any more screams of:

"Come On !"

from the Aussie twat!
I can't take ten year-olds, who want to hear their voice on TV saying;

"Come on, Tim!"

At Leyton Hewitt is a real man.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
What does everyone think of Roddick. I think that he's a fab player, and if he doesn't win Wimbledon this year, I'm sure he's bound to win one of these years, especially when Agassi's retired. He's a hard hitter, and a brilliant server. One downside can be that watching him serve all those unreturnable serves can be a little boring, as points are short.
I still think that watching a classic serve-volleying match is more fun to watch, and more exciting. Points are longer, and some of the volleys are amazing. For volleying, I still think that Henman is right there at the top.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The last post was from me. I forgot to sign in. Just when I thought that that was going to be the post that would promote me to a Respected Member. Well I guess this'll have to be the one instead.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i think Ivo Karlovic is amazing and very sexy!!!

i should have got my butt down to wimbeldon to meet him.....

oh well i guess there is always next year!!
He'l be there and he's goin to win it!!

GO IVO!!!
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just remember to take a couple of copies of the London edition of the Yellow Pages.... 6"10 is a long way up !
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding the most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (37)
28.46%
No (93)
71.54%

Watched Threads