The Student Room Group

Russian researchers expose NSA program to spy on every computer in the world

Anyone shocked? I'm not. But here's what's interesting are the countries that are targeted the most. The most infections were seen in Iran, followed by Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Mali, Syria, Yemen and Algeria.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2956058/Russian-researchers-expose-breakthrough-U-S-spying-program.html
Apparently the thing that was supposed to be so unusual was that they had found a way to install the spyware into the firmware at the production level - they had apparently succeeded in introducing themselves as a proper software company with a need to install stuff (presumably not difficult for the NSA to arrange - their budget is about the same size as Denmark) and therefore have it already pre-installed when you buy the PC!

I do find that rather amazingly cheeky to say the least but I suppose it's all part of the "we're spying on the planet" thing that the paranoiacs in the US government apparatus have going on.

Perhaps the big PC corporations will now be sued for not informing users of what they were buying. :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest